Nebelhorn Trophy 2012 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2012

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Info from spectator, morning training.
Adelina Sotnikova 2А+3Т, 2F, 2A, 3F(?), 3T+3T, 3Lz, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3F, 2A, 3S, 3Lo
Polina Shelepen 3S+2T, 3F+2T, 2A, 2F+2T, 3F, 3Lo, 3F+3T, 3S+2T+2Lo

a bit conservative jumps for Sotnikova, but anyways this are just practices I wonder If she'll use either her 3Lz-3t or 3lz-Lo combo
or go for the easier 3T-3T

Shelepen though needs all the jump arsenals as she usually has a horrible PCS to make up for it

FSGMT

Record Breaker
a bit conservative jumps for Sotnikova, but anyways this are just practices I wonder If she'll use either her 3Lz-3t or 3lz-Lo combo
or go for the easier 3T-3T

Shelepen though needs all the jump arsenals as she usually has a horrible PCS to make up for it
I think Sotnikova is going to try 3T-3T in the SP and 3Lz+3T in the FS, this is what she did at the Russian Trials and it's the wisest choice, in my opinion.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think Sotnikova is going to try 3T-3T in the SP and 3Lz+3T in the FS, this is what she did at the Russian Trials and it's the wisest choice, in my opinion.

Im glad she ditched her 3lz-3R as it usually gets edge calls
I see Sotnikova, Zhang as posium favorites

Shelepen, she needs to land her difficult jumps to get to the podium
she did try 3lz-3lo but fell from last competition, odd she is not practicing any 3lz combos, Sokolovskaya is a terrible coach
if she doesnt leave soon this could be a possible career ender

let`s talk

Match Penalty
He has shown his talents in many important events, often too much, and handed the gold medal over, mostly to Takahashi. I'm not sure if special COP math class would help him.
:laugh: Lol at this desperate attemp to demonize all rivals of Patrick Chan. Oda didn't lose to Dai, Kozuka, Evan, Chan due to poor CoC math classes. He lost because he lost. He might have handed the bronze medal to Gachi at Worlds-2011 due to his poor CoC math skills, but even this is not the fact. Gachi could still have won the bronze.

Not so much info about practice at NT. The absoluteskating facebook page posted some practice photos of Verner, Menshov, Sotnikova: www.facebook.com/pages/Absolute-Skating/113697665347647
More comments from the audience:
"Michal was there with Viktor Petrenko. Looks like they didn't change his jumping technique. Brezina attempted 4S several times. Landed beautiful fast 3As and 3Lzs(?). Loved his choreo.
The Russians were also there: Menshov looked .... polished (can't believe I'm saying this) in his Pina LP. Ivan was having problems with his 3A.
Tomas Verner landed a quad after a couple unsuccessful attempts.
Denis produced solid 3As, 3F.
Sotnikova looked enthusiastic, kept smiling and landing jumps (including 3+3, I believe).
Vera Bazarova fell on their sbs jump during sp run-through. Volosozhar-Trankov looked good and solid, they didn't skate their entire lp, just parts of it. They are going to win the Trophy, of course." :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Maybe some kind GS member who is there will give us pbp for at least one of the disciplines.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
SD placements: Zhiganshina / Gazsi, Chock / Bates, Zlobina / Sitnikov
What I expected for 1 and 2, Zlobina-Sitnikov in 3rd? :think: Their SD didn't look so good, I hope the Canadians or the Russians are close!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Judge #6 is well? 4.25 for SS to the 2nd place and 4.00 for SS to the 15th place, and pretty much all the rest. Only Z/G and the Azerbaijanians got lucky to taste his/her mercy. :biggrin:

Mattieu

Medalist
Judge No. 6 :jaw:
I guess they are frightened saying which the judges are in case judge 6 linchmobbed!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just checked the protocols: the PD made the difference, exactly like in the Juniors, with the PCS... I'm surprised Monko-Khaliavin received a negative GOE and level 2 for the step sequence, at the Trials it looked great, so they probably made a mistake in it. It looks like Zhiganshina-Gazsi have finally found a good balance: good in the technical score, as always, but they finally received a high PCS, and it's the first performance in competition of this program! By the end of the season they could easily score higher than 60!
J6 is Ulrike Karch, the German judge, and this probably explains why Z/G were one of the two couples to receive marks higher than 5.00! :biggrin: This is (obviously) sheer national bias! :disagree:

lionmilk

Rinkside
Results for Nebelhorn Trophy Short Dance

1 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER 59.58
2 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 56.97
3 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV AZE 56.95
4 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN RUS 54.92
5 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 54.50
6 Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN UKR 54.44
7 Kharis RALPH / Asher HILL CAN 53.79
8 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Neil BROWN CZE 47.73
9 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI 46.62