Men's LP JGP Courchevel 2012 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's LP JGP Courchevel 2012

shine

Record Breaker
Our Chinese friends yousunny and SkateFiguring here told me about the new Chinese boy Boyan Jin, so I’m here to watch Jin’s video. Jin is indeed a talented boy with amazing jumps at this young age. OMG, he’s even more talented than Nathan and Nam Nguyen.

Why is he more talented than Nathan Chen?

shine

Record Breaker
I lke Boyang! He's sort of like Yan's little bro (as far as the jump arsenal). But he has nice speed and ice coverage.
I don't see it. Yan's skating skills are so much better. And his jumps have that soaring quality. Jin's don't.

NMURA

Medalist
IIRC Jin landed three 3Axels at last year's Asian Trophy. I think he's the first man since Gachinski to land the 3A at the first junior competiton. He landed the 4T later in the same season. I don't remember the case of Plushenko though, Jin's jumping talents are definitely "unprecedented" level. Hanyu landed his first 3A around October of the first season but couldn'd land clean ones in both programs until next year. I don't know much about Nathan Chen. But for starters, he must land three 3Axels to be comapred with Jin.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't see it. Yan's skating skills are so much better. And his jumps have that soaring quality. Jin's don't.

He's young though. He's only 14. Give him a few years.

Yes Yan's skating skills are much better, but that was not what I was commenting on. I am impressed he has the jumps already (like Han) and that he has decent ice coverage and speed for someone as small as him.

That said, I don't agree that he has more talent than Nathan Chen. Chen may not have the level of jumps (though he's close on a 3A, I hear?) but he is advanced in other areas.

Edited for Jin's age. Still young!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker