WTT All Stars | Page 2 | Golden Skate

WTT All Stars

janetfan

Match Penalty
Canada

Men: Patrick Chan, Kurt Browning

I think Canadian Men is a tough choice.

If we were picking three Men for a Canadian dream WTT team it could be tough.

Patrick, Elvis, Kurt, Brian, Toller and Donald Jackson were all wonderful skaters.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Me too, and so did most others.

Was wondering why it feels so hard to favor CoP skaters over skaters from the 6.0 era?

For me it's not hard. In most cases I grew up with the skaters being at the top of their game, and continuing to be as pros... it has very little to do with a scoring system, and all to do with not letting go of the past. Just like most "newer" fans choose skaters that were their first favorites.

janetfan

Match Penalty
For me it's not hard. In most cases I grew up with the skaters being at the top of their game, and continuing to be as pros... it has very little to do with a scoring system, and all to do with not letting go of the past. Just like most "newer" fans choose skaters that were their first favorites.

I think you are right about many fans choosing skaters they grew up with or that first got them interested in skating.

If I pick a CoP era team with the skaters I like the most it would be:

Jeremy - Alissa - Shibs - Evora/Ladwig.

Perhaps not the strongest team but I like and enjoy these skaters.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
i forgot germany-- ladies, katarina witt 1st choice, 2nd--gabrielle seyfert
men--jan hoffman
pairs -savchenko and szolkowy

frances,
=men-- brian joubert or philipe candeloro
ladies --surya bonlay
dance-delobiel/schoenfeld or annisa perizat
pairs- unsure

i would add
carolina kostner, failla & scalli for italy,
sarah meir, stephane lambiel for switerland

in ladies for great britain, i would add cecila collidge 1st choice, megan taylor

the skaters for me are who stand out more even in the current crop, russian young ladies are still young and still to be determined as well as the men.
for me i personally see if they can stand up to the past and for me most of them don't, there are exception, but with u.s there was (is) a great past in ladies and mens to live up to , so it is hard other countries i didn't follow as closely as i do now.

Last edited: