Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Overall Fan Fest Index, Links to Skaters

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Anastasia Gozhva is so popular skater in here that she has 2 separate threads.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...astasia-Gozhva
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...stasiia-Gozhva

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! I merged them, and verified that the merged thread is in the index.

1 Not allowed!
    Would you update the OP of Pang and Tong's fan fest?

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...=1#post1456065

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely job! Thank you! I not only updated it, since Bouncearound has not posted in a year, you are now the owner of the thread OP, so you can make any changes to.it, if you feel they are necessary.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Doris.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...exander-Enbert

Her (official ISU) name nowadays is Natalia Zabiiako and not Natalja Zabijako. I was trying to change her name at the title but it seems I can't. I think it should be changed.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finn View Post
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...exander-Enbert

Her (official ISU) name nowadays is Natalia Zabiiako and not Natalja Zabijako. I was trying to change her name at the title but it seems I can't. I think it should be changed.
    I'm not so sure if the spelling should be changed. Because, the "old" spelling is the spelling she uses herself, as seen on her social media profiles.

It's always difficult when somebody changes the country they are representing, and the new country transliterates Cyrillic characters into Latin characters differently to the old country. We've seen it many times in recent years, for example:

Николь Госвияни > Nikol Gosviani (Russia)
    Николь Госвияни > Nicole Gosviani (Italy)

Любовь Илюшечкина > Lubov Iliushechkina (Russia)
    Любовь Илюшечкина > Lubov Ilyushechkina (Canada)

HOWEVER, the example in question is a different situation altogether. Just like the related language that you speak, Estonian uses the Latin alphabet. So, in this case, it is Latin characters being transliterated into Cyrillic characters, and then back into Latin characters:

Natalja Zabijako (Estonian) > Наталья Забияко > Natalia Zabiiako (Russian)

We have seen this happen many times as well, for example:

Daniel Gleichenhaus (German) > Даниил Глейхенгауз > Daniil Gleykhengauz (Russian)

Jonathan Guerreiro (Portuguese) > Джонатан Гурейро > Dzhonatan Gureyro (Russian)

Tiffany Zahorski (Polish) > Тифани Загорски > Tiffani Zagorski (Russian)

For Tiff and Jon, the title of their Fan Fest uses the original spellings, rather than the mangled mess that results from the double transliterations. So, I believe that for Natalja, we should use the same approach.

It's a tricky situation. And there are valid arguments for each position.

But in a situation like this, I think we should accept the answer given by the people that know best – the skaters themselves.

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 02-08-2017 at 02:33 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    A while ago, I searched the index looking for Miki Ando FF, but there wasn't any, so I thought she just doesn't have FF sadly, but now I see that Mathman did FF for her two years ago: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...5117-Miki-Ando
    Please add her to retired skater list
    Last edited by cathlen; 05-03-2017 at 04:37 AM.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cathlen View Post
    A while ago, I searched the index looking for Miki Ando FF, but there wasn't any, so I thought she just doesn't have FF sadly, but now I see that Mathman did FF for her two years ago: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...5117-Miki-Ando
    Please add her to retired skater list
    Done.

By the way, while in there, I also moved Kanako Murakami and Anastasia Cannuscio / Colin McManus into the retired skaters section, and Artur Gachinski back into the active skaters section.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Done.

By the way, while in there, I also moved Kanako Murakami and Anastasia Cannuscio / Colin McManus into the retired skaters section, and Artur Gachinski back into the active skaters section.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
    I guess Mao Asada should be moved too

2 Not allowed!
    I guess Mao Asada should be moved too
    No. I'm still in denial. Moving her would just make it final...

Seriously, though. Thanks for pointing out that I had missed her. I've moved her now.

It's nice to see Mao and Miki back beside each other again.

By the way, I am not going to move any of the partnerships that we are hearing have gone their separate ways to the split section until we see one or other of them with new partners. Because, there have been a few occasions in recent years when partnerships have split, only for them to get back together a few months later.

CaroLiza_fan

2 Not allowed!
    Just to let you know that all the new Yuzuru Hanyu Season Threads have now been added to the list in the Original Post of this thread.

Here are the links to all of Yuzuru's threads:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 05-04-2017 at 12:34 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's high time to move Ksenia Monko & Kiril Khaliavin FF to Hall of Fame section

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's high time to move Ksenia Monko & Kiril Khaliavin FF to Hall of Fame section
    Oops! Hadn't even noticed that they were still in the active section.

Thanks for letting me know. If you or anybody else spots somebody that needs moved, please let us know.

By the way, have we had any definitive word yet about Meryl and Charlie and whether their sabbatical is now permanent? Because they are still in the active list. And, to be honest, I can't see them coming back now.

CaroLiza_fan

0 Not allowed!
    Oops! Hadn't even noticed that they were still in the active section.

Thanks for letting me know. If you or anybody else spots somebody that needs moved, please let us know.

By the way, have we had any definitive word yet about Meryl and Charlie and whether their sabbatical is now permanent? Because they are still in the active list. And, to be honest, I can't see them coming back now.

CaroLiza_fan
    There was surely a thread that they announced they're not coming back to Olympics. I have no idea if it equals retiring. And I can't link you a thread, since I now can't see Archive section...

0 Not allowed!
    There was surely a thread that they announced they're not coming back to Olympics. I have no idea if it equals retiring. And I can't link you a thread, since I now can't see Archive section...
    Thanks. I had a feeling there was some sort of news about them not so long ago, but I couldn't remember what it was. And I couldn't check.

The archives not being free to view any more is something I don't feel comfortable with. But, I can understand the reasoning. It is the sheer size of the archives that are incurring the big server costs, so it is logical that they should play a part in helping to cover those costs.

I'll move them.

CaroLiza_fan

"Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on..." Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Hi I created a fan fest thread for Alexander Johnson and would love for it to be added to the links to skaters. It can be found here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...xander-Johnson

Thank you!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3Rabbit View Post
    Hi I created a fan fest thread for Alexander Johnson and would love for it to be added to the links to skaters. It can be found here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...xander-Johnson

Thank you!
    Done.

Although, for some reason the "last edited" date at the bottom of the Original Post has not changed. And this latest edit is not included in the post history either.

Not that it matters, in the greater scheme of things. It just means that it looks like the post hasn't been edited since 4th May, when in fact it has.

CaroLiza_fan

"Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on..." Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Done.

Although, for some reason the "last edited" date at the bottom of the Original Post has not changed. And this latest edit is not included in the post history either.

Not that it matters, in the greater scheme of things. It just means that it looks like the post hasn't been edited since 4th May, when in fact it has.

CaroLiza_fan
    IDK what all of that means, the fan fest was created yesterday, though I will be adding to it in the coming weeks and days. Anyway, thank you for adding it!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3Rabbit View Post
    IDK what all of that means, the fan fest was created yesterday, though I will be adding to it in the coming weeks and days. Anyway, thank you for adding it!
    It was the Original Post in this thread that I was talking about, not the OP of Alexander's Fan Fest.

If a post gets edited, a sentence appears at the end of the post that says when it was last edited. And, if you are the poster or a Mod, this becomes a link which takes you to the post history, telling you how many times it has been edited, and what the differences are. Just the same as the page history on Wikipedia pages.

Sorry for any confusion caused by me not being clear as to what I was talking about.

CaroLiza_fan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast