What are you looking forward to most this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What are you looking forward to most this season?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Hopes
1. That Akiko Suzuki wins her Nationals.
2. That Cynthia Phaneuf becomes the skater she can be (Worlds 2010)
3. That Patrick Chan demonstrates artistic and technical growth.
4. That V/M produce a Carmen for the ages.
5. That Joshua Farris comes in the top two at his Nationals.
6. That Fernandez wins Euros.
7. That Rogozine gets himself a world team spot.
8. That the Canadian lady doesn't embarass herself at Worlds.
9. That the Canadian pairs, men, and dance get three spots for the Olympics
10. That the American ladies and dance get three spots for the Olympics
11. That Hurtado/Diaz do Spain proud.

Questions
1. Can Stolbova/Klimov become the Russian number threes?
2. How do the American men stack up against each other?
3. Is Plushenko Superman? Can he defend his crown? Will he go to Worlds (he won his first Worlds in Canada, his first GP victory was Skate Canada 1998...)
4. Can Cappellini/Lannotte start beating Pechalat/Bourzat already? Please?
5. Can Shpilband deliver short term improvements to his teams that suggest that long term he'll emerge ahead of Canton and DSC as the top dance school?
6. Is it possible to like an Adele competitive program?
7. Can Savchenko/Szolkowy win a fifth worlds and if they do, can anything stop them from winning Sochi beyond a political machine beyond reproach (and/or their own inconsistency)? Can they perform "Pina" any better than they did at the GPF?

momskate

Rinkside
Look forward to see russian girls (Adelina Sotnikova, Julia Lipnitskaya), canadian dance pairs, american skaters (Gracie, Ashley). Curious about Yu-na, if she able to be the top

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Looking forward to:

Seeing Ashley Wagner's SP to Red Violin. I have heard good things about this program from the folks that saw her performance at the recent Weiss show.

Johnny's comeback

FSGMT

Record Breaker
[/QUOTE]
very interesting hopes&questins, especially this one! The last Carmens we've seen from the top-level skaters (Nagasu 2010, Navka-Kostomarov 2006, Plushy 2002) were quite disappointing for me, artistically, and the best remain in ladies Katarina Witt, in ice dance Krylova-Osvyannikov, I hope to see a well-constructed Carmen from my favourite competing ice dancers!

Of course the return of Yuna! Other than that, how ladies field will pan out this season, how Dai vs Chan rivalry will evolve, how V/M will blow away with their Carmen routine, and how American and Russian hopefuls are becoming to be!

Hopes
1. That Akiko Suzuki wins her Nationals.
2. That Cynthia Phaneuf becomes the skater she can be (Worlds 2010)
3. That Patrick Chan demonstrates artistic and technical growth.
5. That Joshua Farris comes in the top two at his Nationals.

6. That Fernandez wins Euros.
7. That Rogozine gets himself a world team spot.
8. That the Canadian lady doesn't embarass herself at Worlds.
9. That the Canadian pairs, men, and dance get three spots for the Olympics
10. That the American ladies and dance get three spots for the Olympics
11. That Hurtado/Diaz do Spain proud.

Questions
1. Can Stolbova/Klimov become the Russian number threes?
2. How do the American men stack up against each other?
3. Is Plushenko Superman? Can he defend his crown? Will he go to Worlds (he won his first Worlds in Canada, his first GP victory was Skate Canada 1998...)
4. Can Cappellini/Lannotte start beating Pechalat/Bourzat already? Please?
5. Can Shpilband deliver short term improvements to his teams that suggest that long term he'll emerge ahead of Canton and DSC as the top dance school?
6. Is it possible to like an Adele competitive program?
7. Can Savchenko/Szolkowy win a fifth worlds and if they do, can anything stop them from winning Sochi beyond a political machine beyond reproach (and/or their own inconsistency)? Can they perform "Pina" any better than they did at the GPF?

Oh, I absolutely adore your lists, especially the bold ones! Plus, I want to know how Russian dancers will startle the world dance dynamic heading towards Sochi! (My fingers are crossed for B/S:D)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
So can anybody. And they do.
No, and you know that. Only Chan could win with multiple falls last season. ISU couldn't justified it for public, as the result they got booing in Nice. So they created a new Chatastic rule: fall=two-footed jump=jumps with no peceeding steps in SP= -3 GOE.

Shame on ISU. :disapp:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
No, and you know that. Only Chan could win with multiple falls last season. ISU couldn't justified it for public, as the result they got booing in Nice. So they created a new Chatastic rule: fall=two-footed jump=jumps with no peceeding steps in SP= -3 GOE.

Shame on ISU. :disapp:

When Chan fell on his 2A at Worlds in Nice, he got a big zero for the jump and a -1 penalty. So firstly he didn't win with multiple falls and secondly, a fall still costs aplenty. A two foot landing will now incur -3 GOE, whose value varies with the jump, and there is no -1 fall penalty. So, a two foot landing does not equal a fall. Hanyu had a fall too, getting a -1 penalty but no negative GOE, unlike unlucky Oda who had a fluke fall the previous season after a good landing and received negative GOE for the jump and the 1 point penalty. Ditto Chan's fall at last GPF when he hid the board after landing a gorgeous 4/3 combo.

I see the rules are equally applied. And they are not hidden rules.

I look forward to everybody's new programs.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
So, a two foot landing does not equal a fall.
I see you didn't bother to read the current rules. All your Hanyu/Chan/last season talks has nothing to do with the modern ISU Communcations. Btw, they are available in Reference GS subforum, which you might enjoy to visit some day. Now a fall is equal to a landing on two feet on a jump because it requires the same mandatory -3 GOE. We all know who likes to fall. So, the new rules works well for your boy. You should celebrate, unlike the rest of fs world. :laugh:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Now a fall is equal to a landing on two feet on a jump because it requires the same mandatory -3 GOE.

They are not equal. A fall has a mandatory -1 deduction, but two foot landing doesn't. Your boy can fall too. And of course, same to Patrick Chan, and any skaters for that matter. But who wants falls? All skaters are trying the best they can to prevent them.

By the way, I thought "No required steps/movements preceding Jump in SP" received -3 GOE last year as well.

Last edited: