Zamboni Cheering Thread! | Golden Skate

Zamboni Cheering Thread!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Once again, my heart belongs atop the Zamboni machine! C'mon, sweetie, we're all cheering for you!

Zamboni for gold in Turin '06!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yeah........let's hear it for "Old Smoothy"...........42

Well, I think Zamboini's performance was sub par at the DC Worlds. That puddle he left at one end of the arena and caused so many skater mishaps was uncalled for. However, he didn't pass the buck to the Refrigerator Pipes, but took the fault gracefully. Good luck to Zamboini for a great smooth.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Zamboni has nothing on me!

How do I get involved in local / regional competition for the coveted title of Zamboni? I could slide around the rink on my fanny with the best of 'em clearing and smoothing the ice as I go. I wouldn't leave any "puddles" either.

Where do I sign up for next year?

DG

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's not a matter of signing up. There are rigorous tests to be passed. Then you will have to begin at the Novice level, moving your way up to Intermediate, then Junior, then--but only if you have what it takes--move up to the Senior level. It's a long road, but I commend you for your efforts. Only time will tell if you've got the determination and, frankly, the guts, to stick it out. (Or, maybe I should say "slide" it out!)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rgal wrote:
Only time will tell if you've got the determination and, frankly, the guts, to stick it out. (Or, maybe I should say "slide" it out!)[/QUOTE}

Doggygirl , not only does it require guts, but booty!
:laugh:

Piel

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL...

I've sure got the "booty" considering my weight gain over the holidays Piel! Hopefully I can get rid of it (New Years Resolution) before I graduate from the Novice level.

All that Zamboni practice might count as exercise though. Hmmm. Maybe this will be worth the effort after all.

Rgal - what exactly does the first "test" entail?

DG

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Way to go Paula.........and with Michael Weiss too......:D 42

Ah, finally! My beloved Zamboni has a cheering thread! Let me just say that not only has Zamboni proven itself time and again to be a champion, but it also brave, modest, always fashionably dressed, kind to children, a wonderful role model, has great family values, and wow, does Zamboni ever look hot in spike heels!

As for Paula's photo, is this the new Mike Pike?;)

Cheer for All Zamboni Fans:
Go, go, go Zamboni go!
Melt, melt, melt that frozen snow!
Skut those ruts! Mow those holes!
Slobber on that ice so the skaters can
GO! GO! GO!

RAH!

Madelyn, the Official Mascot for Zamboni.
Rgirl

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Madelyn, the Official Mascot for Zamboni.
Rgirl

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :laugh: :laugh: :D :love: :laugh: :laugh: :love:

Well, she has been invited to conduct Quality Assurance tests for Zambonis. If she slides smoothly across the ice on her little tushie, then that Zamboni is doing its job well.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Paula, is Mike thinking about his post-skating job? I know, it's a guy thing....they ALL wanna drive the big machines!

rg, love the rhymes. I agree that Mady should have the right to be a mascot. She is cute, isn't she? (see Rgal, we are paying attention to your new av and new poochie.)

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
I can't recognize jumps well, so my practice reports stink, but there has been an unusual level of zamboni activity so far at nationals. First, the zambonis have a second seat on them for some reason, so a few times during zamboni breaks at practices, the drivers have taken out one of the volunteers as "co-pilot" and they've been good at waving to the crowd like a pageant winner (and laughing) and they always get a big reaction from the crowd.

Even though the crowd was sort of dead during the CD/OD last night, during one of the breaks, a few active fans started a "wave" for the zamboni driver that was picked up by some fans on the end of the rink. As the zamboni would drive by those sections the fans would do the wave, and on the final "drive by" for that break, the driver joined the fun by doing the wave as he passed those sections.

Finally, today at lunch in the CNN food court I heard a bit of a cheer from the area by the entrance to the arena and heard a few vocal fans yelling "Yay zamboni drivers" as they returned from picking up their lunch.

That's all for the zamboni reports so far, but I'll keep you posted if I see anything new.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Welll, at least they don't have to clean the ice off with shovels like they used to when figure skating was held outdoors!

Thank goodness for the Zamboni man! Skaters all over the world appreciate this most important job and the people who do it. It's wonderful to step onto ice that has just been cleaned. Three cheers for the Zamboni guy!!!!:D

April

Rinkside
Totally Lost

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Zamboni and why does it need a cheering thread? :confused:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
April:

You know the machine that cleans the ice for the skaters between disciplines? That is called a Zamboni!! I think this "cheering" thread is just in fun. Click on the following clip art:

zamboni2.gif

A Zamboni

zambo4.gif

Snoopy on a Zamboni

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
TV coverage...

I was a bit disappointed by the very limited TV coverage of the Zamboni last night - didn't really get a good look at the driver. :) What little I saw was most impressive though!

Reatorgal - I hope to see Mady up there on the second seat in the future!

DG