Congratulations to Karen Kwan & Peter Oppegard! | Golden Skate

Congratulations to Karen Kwan & Peter Oppegard!

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Congratulations Karen & Peter

Great news. I like to add my congratulations to Karen and Peter. They are going to make great parents.

Happy New Year
diamond
:love:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am so happy for them and Michelle....being an aunt is the greatest job in the world!:love: :love: :love:

Piel

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Must be something in the water in California. I know so many people who just had or are having babies. I wish them the best.

Karen and Peter even got married in Italy:love: :love: :love: They make a stunning couple and I'm sure the wedding was incredible. I wish them every happiness. I'll tell you one thing about that child, though. It's going to be L & L--Long and Lean (a friend's term for the kind of women he liked). A happy year for the Kwan and Oppergard families. Plus now Michelle will have a little niece or nephew!
Rgirl

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I'm so happy that Michelle is going to be an aunt. How Kwanderful it is! In the meantime, congrats to the parents-to-be. :D

heyang

Record Breaker
Wow - I didn't know they were married. One would think that the USFSA would have had at least a small announcement in SKATING since they were both top elite skaters at one time.

Congrats to both families.

Editing to add:
Oops - forgot that Peter and Karen were engaged at the time of Michelle and Frank's parting. There had been speculation that Peter would become MK's new coach.

Last edited:

pipsqueak

Rinkside
When did they get married? They were not yet married during Sectionals in November. So, did it happen over Christmas? The baby is due in Feb.......and I'm betting it will be a niece for Michelle :)

pipsqueak

Rinkside
Peter is 44 and Karen is 26. They've been "together" since she was 18, when they were both still at Lake Arrowhead.