Meryl Davis tweets again | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis tweets again

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is she giving another clue about something???

Meryl Davis ‏@Meryl_Davis
Who cares what they're wearing, On Main Street, Or Saville Row, It's what you wear from ear to ear And not from head to toe...
2:45 PM - 28 Sep 12​

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she could just be like me and she's singing whatever she's watching/listening to... ;)

herios

Medalist
Is she giving another clue about something???

Meryl Davis ‏@Meryl_Davis
Who cares what they're wearing, On Main Street, Or Saville Row, It's what you wear from ear to ear And not from head to toe...
2:45 PM - 28 Sep 12​

This tweet most likely has nothing to do ith skatimg

brightphoton

Medalist
I meant the original poster probably doesn't like musicals. Davis is quoting lyrics from the musical, "Annie."

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This tweet most likely has nothing to do ith skatimg

I meant the original poster probably doesn't like musicals. Davis is quoting lyrics from the musical, "Annie."

Yikes, it's the hard-knock life in this thread! ;)

brightphoton, jump to false conclusions much? Why in the world would my post make you think that I don't like musicals? :laugh:
For the record, I do like musicals. And I do like "Annie." :yes:

Davis does not tweet nearly as often as some other skaters.
And unlike some other skaters, she does not make a habit of tweeting frequent references to music that is on her playlist or that she happens to be hearing at the moment.
The only other time in recent memory that she tweeted lyrics, a widespread interpretation was that she was offering indirect confirmation of D/W's FD music.

Agreed that it is entirely possible that her tweet yesterday is utterly meaningless. If you ask me, it also remains possible that she is hinting at something related to skating ... :think:

brightphoton

Medalist
I see, I thought you didn't recognize the reference. I don't follow Davis on twitter much, not up to date on her writing patterns, so who knows what music she and White will use.

blue eyed birds

Spectator
The song was also just covered on Thursday night's episode of Glee, so she may have just especially loved that sequence. ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
she could just be like me and she's singing whatever she's watching/listening to... ;)

The song was also just covered on Thursday night's episode of Glee, so she may have just especially loved that sequence. ;)

Ohhhhhh ... thanks, blue eyed birds. I had not known that the song was just used on Glee. :no:

So as Toni suggested, maybe this time it is merely a case of the words and tune bouncing around merrily -- or Meryl-y? :) --in Davis' head, to the point that she felt the rare urge to to sit down and type out the lyrics for a tweet.

And apologies to herios and brightphoton. I will stop pondering now. :yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well just reading this thread gets teh song stuck in my head... I like the musical - but the songs do grate on the nerves after 24+ hours of singing them in your head :laugh: I may have cursed you a few times golden! ;)

KKonas

Medalist
On the other hand, Meryl just might be referring to their participation in the Classroom Champions video, as proponents of higher education - paying more attention to the brain rather than being a fashionista.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Annie lyrics are from the "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" song.