4CC Competitor List | Golden Skate

4CC Competitor List

Antilles

Medalist
That's crappy. I'd like to see Shen and Zhao. Although, if none of the three top pairs from China come, L&A will ahve a much easier time. The only skaters I absolutely want to see are B&A, Jeff and Emanuel. So long as they go, I will be happy.

cygnus

Rinkside
It looks like it's been updated. There are now 3 Chinese pairs. No Shen/Zhao (I wasn't expecting them anyways), but the Zhangs and Pang/Tong WILL be there. So that makes it a real competition now- 10 teams, if Canada and USA send 3 each. Are there NO senior pair teams in Japan btw?

Antilles

Medalist
Does anyone know what the 4th continent is? I know North America, Asia and Australia, but I've never heard of skaters from other continents.

cygnus

Rinkside
There is Shirene Human from South Africa (and maybe a few others(?)). That would be the 4th. I don't think any other African country sends skaters, but I could be wrong.

brenlynn

On the Ice
the usfsa announced their pairs and dance teams...

2004 Four Continents Championships
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Jan. 19-25

Pairs
Rena Inoue & John Baldwin
Katie Orscher & Garrett Lucash
Tiffany Scott & Philip Dulebohn
1st alternates – Jennifer Don & Jonathon Hunt
2nd alternates –Laura Handy & Jeremy Allen
3rd alternates – Larisa Spielberg & Craig Joeright

Dance
Tanith Belbin & Benjamin Agosto
Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov
Loren Galler-Rabinowitz & David Mitchell
1st alternates – Kendra Goodwin & Brent Bommentre
2nd alternates – Christie Moxley & Aleksandr Kirsanov
3rd alternates – Lydia Manon & Ryan O'Meara

i am beyond excitied that i'll get to see katie and garrett and tanith and ben
:D

brenlynn

On the Ice
so here's the full US team...

2004 Four Continents Championships
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Jan. 19-25

Pairs
Rena Inoue & John Baldwin
Katie Orscher & Garrett Lucash
Tiffany Scott & Philip Dulebohn
1st alternates – Jennifer Don & Jonathon Hunt
2nd alternates –Laura Handy & Jeremy Allen
3rd alternates – Larisa Spielberg & Craig Joeright

Dance
Tanith Belbin & Benjamin Agosto
Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov
Loren Galler-Rabinowitz & David Mitchell
1st alternates – Kendra Goodwin & Brent Bommentre
2nd alternates – Christie Moxley & Aleksandr Kirsanov
3rd alternates – Lydia Manon & Ryan O'Meara

Ladies
Sasha Cohen
Jennifer Kirk
Amber Corwin
1st alternate – Angela Nikodinov
2nd alternate – Ann Patrice McDonough
3rd alternate – Beatrisa Liang

Men
Johnny Weir
Matt Savoie
Ryan Jahnke
1st alternate – Evan Lysacek
2nd alternate – Ryan Bradley
3rd alternate – Braden Overett

can i just say how shocked i am that the US finally wised up and are sending their top competitors in ladies and men, with the exception of michelle and michael. i am sooooo excitied to go now and represent my usa babies :laugh: :D

brenlynn

On the Ice
i was thinking maybe sasha wants to get another competition with robin under her belt. there are over 2 months until worlds, so she has plenty of time to prepare when she gets home. i am just hoping she doesn't drop out!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I think this is a smart move on Sasha's part. Another competition under her belt will help before Worlds.....42

Blade1

On the Ice
Yes I am thrilled to see that Sasha will be there. I haven't seen her skate LIVE, and am rather excited. She is fabulous

Lucy25

Final Flight
I do not think Sasha will be there. She has been complaining about having too full of a schedule already. The list of skaters are those who were picked to go. I expect Sasha to withdrawl sometime next week. Why would she need another competition??

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lucy, normally I would agree, but Sasha's had three long program mishaps in a row. A solid skate or win here would help in the confidence department. She would still have the month of February to train without worrying about competing......42

brenlynn

On the Ice
Lucy25 said:
I The list of skaters are those who were picked to go.

i am not so sure about that. michelle and michael weiss were offered to go but declined. they mentioned something about that in an article over at usfsa.org michael said he had plans already during that week. they just said michelle declined to go.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Here is the list of Canadian Representatives.

2004 ISU Four Continents Championships

Ladies:
Cynthia Phaneuf
Joannie Rochette
Jennifer Robinson

Men:
Emanuel Sandhu
Ben Ferreira
Jeffrey Buttle - 21, Sudbury, Ont.

Pairs:
Valerie Marcoux/Craig Buntin
Anabelle Langlois/Patrice Archetto
Elizabeth Putnam/Sean Wirtz - 19, Toronto/24, Marathon, Ont.

Dance:
Marie-France Dubreuil/Patrice Lauzon
Megan Wing/Aaron Lowe
Josee Piche/Pascal Denis

brenlynn said:
can i just say how shocked i am that the US finally wised up and are sending their top competitors in ladies and men, with the exception of michelle and michael. i am sooooo excitied to go now and represent my usa babies :laugh: :D
ITA. In the past in has been a disappointent how the U.S. has blown off this competition. I don't think it's the fault of the USFSA, however. They always invite the top skaters first, but in the past most of them have declined. The most common excuse was that they needed the time to prepare for Worlds.

Maybe the fact that it is in North America this year, so U.S. and Canadian skaters don't have to travel to Asia, makes the competition more attractive.

Go Watanabe and Kido!
Go Galler-Rabinowitz!

Mathman