4CC Competitor List | Page 2 | Golden Skate

4CC Competitor List

guinevere

Final Flight
brenlynn said:
michael said he had plans already during that week.
He sounds like he's declining a dinner invitation instead of a competition!!

No surprise that Sasha withdrew. I'm glad that Angela will get to go.

I'm really really glad that Ryan Jahnke gets to go!

guinevere

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I actually don't mind the top US ladies skipping 4CC. I think this gives the "2nd tier" skaters some needed experience and exposure. Good luck Jenny, Amber, and Angela! (assuming Jenny will not decline either...)

guinevere

Final Flight
Savoie also withdrew (also not a surprise given his 65%-ness), so Lysacek is going too. Whee!

guinevere

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
According to the USFSA site, the ladies going are Jenny Kirk, Amber Corwin, and Angela Nikodinov. I'm pretty sure Sasha declined the invitation. Hopefully Angela won't - she declined 2 years ago after Nationals.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

amykaren

On the Ice
Yah-what do you mean by that? I am asuming you think he only gives 65%. I have thought too what a better skater he would be if he concentrated on it full time. But he's like a top honors student and will be very successful in anything that he does in the business world. I will miss him, I wish he was going.

brenlynn

On the Ice
disappointing that sasha withdrew although i wasn't too shocked... i was just trying to convince myself she wouldn't lol. going to the event, i really wanted to see her compete. i've seen her skate before but i'd love to actually get a chance to see her compete. but, it'll definetly be good to see angela.

hopefully jenny won't w/d, i'm thinking she may unless she feels better. i really want to see her go though, she could definetly use to get some more international experience before worlds.

i am glad evan is going too. i really enjoyed him at nationals and he could also definetly use the international senior experience, since didn't he spend the competitive year on the junior international scene?

none the less, it will be exciting! :D

Lucy25

Final Flight
amykaren said:
Yah-what do you mean by that? I am asuming you think he only gives 65%. I have thought too what a better skater he would be if he concentrated on it full time. But he's like a top honors student and will be very successful in anything that he does in the business world. I will miss him, I wish he was going.
I am pretty sure the 65%-ness refers to the fact that Matt has been injured and is only at about 65% where he should be. I am sure this was not a criticism. :)

guinevere

Final Flight
Lucy25 said:
I am pretty sure the 65%-ness refers to the fact that Matt has been injured and is only at about 65% where he should be. I am sure this was not a criticism. :)
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just read this.

Thank you Lucy25, that is exactly what I meant. Matt is one of my favorite skaters, and he himself said he was at about 65% going into Nationals, and that the only reason he was even AT Nationals was to secure some GP assignments for himself next season. For 65%, he did pretty darned well!!!!

I just figured that, as it sounded like he was still healing and wouldn't have been competing if his GP assignments weren't on the line, he probably would want to rest up and be as strong as possible for Worlds. I apologize for the awkward way of saying it in my earlier post - after a weekend of skate-mania, I wasn't feeling too articulate!

guinevere
65% brain power :p

Blade1

On the Ice
I'm disapointed that Sasha won't be there. But she must do what she must do.

Still I'm looking forward to the competition and actually reall excited about seeing some LIVE skating !

brenlynn

On the Ice
i just hope kirk is feeling better so she won't w/d, but it's really getting close now so i hope she would have done it by now if she wasn't planning on going and not pulling a sarah hughes and waiting until the last minute so they don't have time to send a alternate.

If Sasha goes that would knock out Jenny Don. hmm.

BTW, does anyone think that this competition has something to do with bread crumbs?

Joe

dewet

Final Flight
I don't think Sasha's going, maybe Joe was refering to what would happen if Sasha went.

Not exactly dewet although I see your point.

In my home town at the grocery store there is a 4C Bread Crums.
It was a weak joke.

Joe

mpal2

Final Flight
What are the odds of getting to see Dan Fang on tv. I loved her at Worlds and I'm wondering how she is skating this year.