Mirai Nagasu | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well done Mirai :dance3: This is her best showing in quite a while, I am very happy for her!

CrystalClear

Rinkside
Country
United-States
:luv17: Mirai!!! :luv17: Congratulations on a fabulous short program!
Under-rotations be "darned." When she skates, I feel something. That's what makes me a fan. Plus I love her spins, and her gorgeous positions...

Much love!
We are sending you well wishes for the free.

slider11

Medalist
Mirai is a contender! Plus I think Tom Z has her in good physical condition so her chances of pulling a strong LP are good. I'm predicting podium at NHK.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I am so proud of her! What a performance, I actually cried during the layback. So happy to see her do a clean short:)

adelia

Record Breaker
I thought Mirai should have been in the top 3 after the SP but nonetheless this is progress in the right direction. Good luck for the FS.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think she was underscored a bit and should have gotten higher PCS - that program should have gotten a 63 or 64. If her reputation were better, it would have. But I think she's on her way and getting more credibility with the judges.

I'm glad she and Tom were pleased with her score though and good luck to her in the FS! I want to see her get her 2 GP spots back for next season.

The B Eurosport guys said that was the best they've seen her in a while, and I have to agree. You can tell they like her and root for her.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Very proud of Mirai. I think she got the shaft in the scores but if she can consistently deliver and improve her rep she'll get it back. She looks reinvigorated.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm looking at the protocols, I don't get why a couple of judges gave her a -1 on her loop and then two others gave her +2? Makes no sense.

She did get a "<" on her combo so she still needs to work on that.

slider11

Medalist
I wonder if there is a discussion at the end of the competition when judges have such a spread in ratings? I'm not suggesting that this would change the outcome but if there is such a wide discrepancy I would think that ISU would want a review and possible discussion. "What made this a -1 in your eyes? and +2 in yours?" I realize there is subjectivity to the quality of anything including a figure skating move. But, ideally, this whole complicated number system was intended to bring some logic and accountability to skating. Just wondering if anyone is aware of post-event "debriefing" by officials?
I'm looking at the protocols, I don't get why a couple of judges gave her a -1 on her loop and then two others gave her +2? Makes no sense.

She did get a "<" on her combo so she still needs to work on that.

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
The thing that I enjoyed most about Mirai's SP skate was that she seemed to skate with confidence. When she smiled, it didn't look like she was suddenly "remembering" to try to smile, it looked like she was enjoying herself. As for the loop, some people speculated that it was because she didn't have enough steps into it. Others thought maybe she was lowballed because she needs to "earn" her reputation back...which I don't really get, because when you look at other ISU comps this season (I am counting both GP and Senior Bs), lots of girls who do not have reputations broke 62. I think that that she was lowballed a bit, but I'm glad that she was happy.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mirai was great in the FS today :love: What I am really enjoying about her from this competition is that it really seems like she's gotten some of her performance ability back- she looks like she is actually enjoying skating and is being much more successful in emoting IMO. Her performance was the best of the night for me! Well done Mirai! :cheer:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Mirai was great in the FS today :love: What I am really enjoying about her from this competition is that it really seems like she's gotten some of her performance ability back- she looks like she is actually enjoying skating and is being much more successful in emoting IMO. Her performance was the best of the night for me! Well done Mirai! :cheer:

I adored the new costume as well! I hope she keeps building the rep, I would love to see her on another world team!