Mao Asada | Page 170 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

roma

On the Ice
Mao says she'll be competing at Finlandia Trophy! :yay:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160730-00000094-dal-spo
What is that costume she's wearing though...

I thought it might be the Ex but someone on twitter said it might be from the opening.
I'm sad she's not going to JO coz I already got a ticket but at the same time I think going to Finlandia is a better choice so she can compete both pros and have a different experience and feedback.

mikaboo

Medalist
I thought it might be the Ex but someone on twitter said it might be from the opening.
I'm sad she's not going to JO coz I already got a ticket but at the same time I think going to Finlandia is a better choice so she can compete both pros and have a different experience and feedback.

Oh what a shame! Are you flying from Sapporo? I know a lot of people have started to resell their tickets because she won't be there.
But yes, I think it's better to try her SP and FS instead of just the FS and she intends to go to Worlds in Helsinki so it's a good idea to try the ice there.

More costume photos.
Hmm... maybe it's from a collab with Mai. The white costume is for her ex I think.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Mao says she'll be competing at Finlandia Trophy! :yay:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160730-00000094-dal-spo
What is that costume she's wearing though...

This one (purple-red) in the news is from her collaboration numbers with Mao's sister Mai. They wore the same costume when they were...much younger (this was the costume to the number 'lady marmalade', right?)

Surprising news with Mao planning for Finlandia, but good for her!

mikaboo

Medalist
This one (purple-red) in the news is from her collaboration numbers with Mao's sister Mai. They wore the same costume when they were...much younger (this was the costume to the number 'lady marmalade', right?)

Surprising news with Mao planning for Finlandia, but good for her!

Ah OK, that makes me feel a little bit better about it. Thanks for the information.

roma

On the Ice
Oh what a shame! Are you flying from Sapporo? I know a lot of people have started to resell their tickets because she won't be there.
But yes, I think it's better to try her SP and FS instead of just the FS and she intends to go to Worlds in Helsinki so it's a good idea to try the ice there.

More costume photos.
Hmm... maybe it's from a collab with Mai. The white costume is for her ex I think.

Yep. I will be flying to Tokyo from Sapporo. It's ok. I will still go and watch but now wish I had COI tickets instead of JO coz Dai will be there.
That costume is from the opening number:
https://twitter.com/rikarika925/status/759361861292732416

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Maybe you remember let's talk..an old member here. She was on the ICE show

Wow, Mao! Brilliant hystorical dance in character! Perfect choreo, as if Bach wrote music watching Mao. One of best EX in FS. Cheers, Lori! https://twitter.com/00LT/status/759264107354873856

Mao did 3F, 3Lo, 2A all clean, amazing spins adjusted to music. Luxury footworks of ballerina. Extremly original dress. Like time travel)))) https://twitter.com/00LT/status/759265618889678848

https://twitter.com/3Ababe/status/759391876268957700 her costume

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker

urara

Rinkside
I've just come back from THE ICE!

Mao's EX was simply magnificent:luv17: Just like a ballerina on ice.

It is an elegant programme, but must be very hard.
It starts with some compulsory movements, and the rest of the programme consists of just steps, turns, spins and jumps. Almost no crossovers!

Bravo Mao! Bravo Lori!! I think videos are coming soon since a Japanese TV is air the show tomorrow.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It starts with some compulsory movements, and the rest of the programme consists of just steps, turns, spins and jumps. Almost no crossovers!

Bravo Mao! Bravo Lori!! I think videos are coming soon since a Japanese TV is air the show tomorrow.

Thank you for your first-hand report. I can't wait to see the program. I think we saw the costume in some of the photos. Can you please confirm what the costume looked like? So glad to hear you think Lori's choreography suited her.

ETA: Just read a few of the previous posts. Sounds like it's the costume trimmed in gold? (for the EX)

Last edited:

urara

Rinkside
Thank you for your first-hand report. I can't wait to see the program. I think we saw the costume in some of the photos. Can you please confirm what the costume looked like? So glad to hear you think Lori's choreography suited her.

The costume for EX is the one roma posted. http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/photonews/photonews_nsInc_1686991-0.html
Seeing the photo, it may look too decorative, but I thought it brings out the Middle Ages-ish mood and blends in with the music.:)

I think Lori did a great job this time:agree:

PS The theme of the ex is probably baroque dance.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
FINLANDIA?!

OMG the stars have aligned to create my best year EVER for attending FS competitions!

I was already planning to go to Finlandia...
And I am going to Trophee de France where Mao is assigned...
And if she makes it to the Grand Prix final in Marseille, I'll see her there...
And if she's in the World's team for Helsinki, I'll be there too!

Seeing Mao compete 4 times in one season... that would be beyond my wildest dreams!!!

Barb

Record Breaker
FINLANDIA?!

OMG the stars have aligned to create my best year EVER for attending FS competitions!

I was already planning to go to Finlandia...
And I am going to Trophee de France where Mao is assigned...
And if she makes it to the Grand Prix final in Marseille, I'll see her there...
And if she's in the World's team for Helsinki, I'll be there too!

Seeing Mao compete 4 times in one season... that would be beyond my wildest dreams!!!

:drama::shocked::2thumbs:

yhmafan

Medalist

I have seen that Twitter is pretty exploding to gush about her outstanding new EX program.
As you said, people who have watched it are excited speaking that it can be a masterpiece!! Anyway, thanks for reporting us about your view.

:points:

roma

On the Ice
It's a beautiful and unique EX. So detailed and difficult but so beautiful. Even when it still looks a bit raw right now it is really something else. What more when Mao grows even more accustomed to it. It will be mesmerizing.

And those arms. omg! They're even more noticeable in the longer version of Bolero. Even better now.