Mao Asada | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

Alba

Record Breaker
Strange enough people don't talk much about it but I love her SP tango in 2011.

minze

Medalist
To tell the truth there isn't a program of Mao which I don't like. :biggrin:
But I love the music she used for that Tango. Not the usual one in FS.

Yes I hear you. However, when I look back at 2011-2012 is hard to watch Mao and not feel for her. Her mom was dying and yet she was still in the ice: heartbraking. Also the frustration of reworking her jumps. My least two favorite seasons of figure skating....

Barb

Record Breaker
Strange enough people don't talk much about it but I love her SP tango in 2011.

I love the music and the program, for once I think Mao was the problem, but 2011 was a really difficult season, she did extraordinary considering the circumstances, I wish she use that program like exhibition, it had much potential.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
I love the music and the program, for once I think Mao was the problem, but 2011 was a really difficult season, she did extraordinary considering the circumstances, I wish she use that program like exhibition, it had much potential.

ohh you're avatar keep reminds me of the 2011-2012 season. I love her Liebestraum so much :cry: it was such a bitter sweet performance.

bebece

Rinkside
me too
that tango program was good and she had like different costume for every competition
and she looks so beautiful in it

i know that she not skate that program to the full potential in competition
n she never skate this program in show
cause she had ballade ex that season

gotoschool

Medalist
I really like Mao's performance of Tango at 4CC's a lot, even the triple axel, and this is such a beautiful HD copy of that performance. I think she does such an elegant quick leg lift in the middle of this program at about 2:50. During her concluding step sequence, she did a wide variety of one and two legged pirouettes while holding and releasing her free leg and holding her arms over head and down at her side mixed in smoothly with some dexterous illusion spins. She also holds her Beillmann for a really long time as a nice, gradual fade out to the program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZRm2XdTdVk

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
I really like Mao's performance of Tango at 4CC's a lot, except for the double footed triple axel, and this is such a beautiful HD copy of that performance. I think she does such an elegant quick leg lift in the middle of this program at about 2:50. During her concluding step sequence, she did a wide variety of one and two legged pirouettes while holding and releasing her free leg and holding her arms over head and down at her side mixed in smoothly with some dexterous illusion spins. She also holds her Beillmann for a really long time as a nice, gradual fade out to the program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZRm2XdTdVk

Looking back it was gorgeous program. Her step sequence as always to die for. But you can tell she was not happy. I admire her so much for working so hard and getting back to her best

gotoschool

Medalist
Looking back it was gorgeous program. Her step sequence as always to die for. But you can tell she was not happy. I admire her so much for working so hard and getting back to her best

Yes, I can feel her sadness in the program as well. As I said after editing my last post, I even liked the triple axel attempt after watching it several times because I miss the fact that nobody even tries it now and she covered her landing fairly well. It was also really nice to see how happy she was when she did her Liebestraum LP performance so beautifully at the same competition. I posted a link to that earlier. So, she could still be happy at moments during this time.

I can't find a link for Mao's Mystery Hunter now, but she cries at the end of Liebestraum as a lady sings to piano accompaniment in a concert hall. It is a really touching moment, as you can feel even through the language barrier how much the beautiful melancholic but hopeful music speaks to the hardships she suffered at that time in her life.

gotoschool

Medalist
If Mao returns what music do want her to skate to?

I would love to hear her skate to Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto as an LP program.

I found this video where Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto is played over Mao performing to Waltz Masquerade. I think it is at the World Team Trophy 2009. I thought this was Mao's most underrated program. I think she performs it wonderfully here with such elegance and class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH-EBe3_pU0

minze

Medalist
I would love to hear her skate to Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto as an LP program.

I found this video where Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto is played over Mao performing to Waltz Masquerade. I think it is at the World Team Trophy 2009. I thought this was Mao's most underrated program. I think she performs it wonderfully here with such elegance and class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH-EBe3_pU0

It sounds crazy but I want Mao to create masterpieces with overused music. Bolero, Romeo and Juliet. :biggrin:

Barb

Record Breaker
Yes, I can feel her sadness in the program as well. As I said after editing my last post, I even liked the triple axel attempt after watching it several times because I miss the fact that nobody even tries it now and she covered her landing fairly well. It was also really nice to see how happy she was when she did her Liebestraum LP performance so beautifully at the same competition. I posted a link to that earlier. So, she could still be happy at moments during this time.

I can't find a link for Mao's Mystery Hunter now, but she cries at the end of Liebestraum as a lady sings to piano accompaniment in a concert hall. It is a really touching moment, as you can feel even through the language barrier how much the beautiful melancholic but hopeful music speaks to the hardships she suffered at that time in her life.

I know, I cried much when I watched it.
And I would like Mao to skate ¨Invierno porteño¨ , ¨Forrest Gump soundtrack¨ or ¨Who wants to live forever¨

gotoschool

Medalist
I just think that Mao is the best at summoning up the emotions and spirit of great Russian compositions because she is magnificent at ballet and steps, she has the most demanding technical elements and she brings the right amount of emotional balance to her performances so that they build slowly to a dramatic conclusion, as in Bells of Moscow, Rach 2 and Swan Lake, just as Russian compositions and art are a great balance of eastern and western influences. She also has the light ethereal style that is just right for the Nutcracker Suite. Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto also reminds me a lot of Rach 2 and is one of my favorite pieces of music.

But, I would also like to hear her skate to some Japanese music. Also, I would like to hear her skate to another Chopin piece like Polainaise Op 53 among others because she is so great at skating to this composer as well.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice

Same. here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaF9Ve6xZw