Mao Asada | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

mary01

Final Flight
Thanks for all the information and links ionap and yhmafan! That's a nice video of the gymnast giving a salute to Mao, Minze2001. Great to see Mao branching out to work with another choreographer and to skate with Daisuke, though I loved Laurie's and Tat's programs.

Here is a new video of Mao making a commercial for Young Japan Action, skating and other commercials. Some of the same material is in an older post. It's just nice to see what she has been doing lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFapMesYJE

I love how Mao inspires athletes from different sports, she really does get a lot of dedicated clips from athletes, trying to emitate her, and thereby showing their deep admiration. hope Mao ses all these videos, so that she is aware of many fans she has around the world. My favourite dedicated clip, was the one who played Mao's music choices on the piano, it was soo sweet, specially since that person was also an elite skater. I also really loved the ice pair skaters who wore a costume that looked identical to Maos. just a cheaper version lol

talking about all this makes me hope that we will get some good news soon, I really miss seeing her compete

aerosuffly

Spectator
Hello. This is my first post on Golden Skate, and I figured it must be here. I am also a Mao's fan just like everyone here. :) I started watching a lot of Japanese TV 7-8 years ago to improve my Japanese skill, and after seeing countless news report about figure skating, Mao, Yuna, Miki and Dai, I started watching figure skating too, and without realizing, I became a fan. But Mao skating is really my favorite. Her lightness is incredible, and her spirit is something you have to respect. Hope we have a good chat about her here.

BTW, Japanese news is reporting that Mao will start working as a news reporter for a late night news program, NEWS ZERO, starting next April. Rumor is that she will work there for a year and return the year after but this is still a just a rumor.

Barb

Record Breaker
Hello. This is my first post on Golden Skate, and I figured it must be here. I am also a Mao's fan just like everyone here. :) I started watching a lot of Japanese TV 7-8 years ago to improve my Japanese skill, and after seeing countless news report about figure skating, Mao, Yuna, Miki and Dai, I started watching figure skating too, and without realizing, I became a fan. But Mao skating is really my favorite. Her lightness is incredible, and her spirit is something you have to respect. Hope we have a good chat about her here.

BTW, Japanese news is reporting that Mao will start working as a news reporter for a late night news program, NEWS ZERO, starting next April. Rumor is that she will work there for a year and return the year after but this is still a just a rumor.

Welcome :biggrin:, and excellent news, thank you.

minze

Medalist

Welcome. Yeah to more Mao fans posting here

bebece

Rinkside
ah so that the rumor on twitter about
i know it mention NEWS ZERO, does it air in Tokyo TV or Fuji TV or is it only air in nagoya?
does mai also work on this news show or not

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
ah so that the rumor on twitter about
i know it mention NEWS ZERO, does it air in Tokyo TV or Fuji TV or is it only air in nagoya?
does mai also work on this news show or not

NEWS ZERO is from the station NTV and I believe it airs all over Japan.
Mai does not work on this news show.

iceberg

On the Ice

Welcome! and great news!!!!!!!!!! :)

gotoschool

Medalist
Or, She is a Warrior who has a Samurai spirit.

I have probably already posted this picture, but it goes so well with your description of Mao as a Samurai facing battle that I decided to post it again. However many people say she failed in her SP at Sochi, how many other ladies have ever even tried to do a triple axel in any of their programs? And no other lady has landed as many. Your description echoes Maxim Trankov's inspiring description of her as a "real warrior and a true samurai" during her Sochi LP.

http://postimg.org/image/hbucm9p6j/

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
I have probably already posted this picture, but it goes so well with your description of Mao as a Samurai facing battle that I decided to post it again. However many people say she failed in her SP at Sochi, how many other ladies have ever even tried to do a triple axel in any of their programs? And no other lady has landed as many. Your description echoes Maxim Trankov's inspiring description of her as a "real warrior and a true samurai" during her Sochi LP.

http://postimg.org/image/hbucm9p6j/

Agree. Challenge difficulties tend to take more risks. It is Simple.

Ultra

Rinkside
However many people say she failed in her SP at Sochi, how many other ladies have ever even tried to do a triple axel in any of their programs?

Also, since the Axel is a 3.5 revolution jump: With one exception, Mao has never fallen on a 3 revolution jump in international competition. Never. That alone makes her a very, very special skater.

gotoschool

Medalist
Maybe this has already been posted, but Rosewood at fsuniverse made a post saying that the famous photo of Mao crying tears of bittersweet joy from the Sochi long program had won the news photo of the year award as announced by the the popular newspaper Mainichi-shinbun.

It is named:
"A Tear on the ice"

Rosewood said that the winning photo is "on the cover of the latest issue of a Japanese popular sports photo magazine." The most recent issue is entitled "The face of 2014".
https://twitter.com/numberweb/status/542612742939500544

Last edited:

iceberg

On the Ice
Maybe this has already been posted, but Rosewood at fsuniverse made a post saying that the famous photo of Mao crying tears of bittersweet joy from the Sochi long program had won the news photo of the year award as announced by the the popular newspaper Mainichi-shinbun.

It is named:
"A Tear on the ice"

Rosewood said that the winning photo is "on the cover of the latest issue of a Japanese popular sports photo magazine." The most recent issue is entitled "The face of 2014".
https://twitter.com/numberweb/status/542612742939500544

This is one of her most beautiful photos!