Mao Asada | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

yhmafan

Medalist
Thanks for the photos yhma fan. It seems that Daisuke is the most emotional in your picture, though of course from the Japanese team, Nobunari Oda broke down the most during her skate. I have posted this link before, but it goes so well with your pictures that I am posting it again: http://onehallyu.com/topic/49484-md-everyone-who-cried-before-mao-asada-did-get-in-this-thread/

I am a bit embarrassed, but I admit to often crying before Mao does when I watch her Sochi LP now. How about the rest of you? And do you still watch Mao's freeskate after almost a year? I wonder if there will be an anniversary celebration.

Awww I just remembered that Nobu cried aloud at that time. So sweet.
I always get really emotional whenever I watch it and sometimes I still shed a tear :)

yhmafan

Medalist
Hahaha this is so funny! Their expressions whilst watching her skate are so perfectly aligned with their characters. Yuzu looks like he's willing her to do well (very intensely), Dai looks super emotional but has to cover his face because he can't take it/is embarrassed, and Tatsuki looks super thoughtful.

Haha yes..it seems exactly as you stated :thumbsup:

last night mao sister mai appear on tv with their home video when they were little
i only see some clip in twitter

does anyone have a full cut of the video?

I will post the link if I find it somewhere ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some recent Mao’s photos.
Radiant smile
Mao in blue dress

hb2010

Rinkside

Part of the fluff portion of the JSOI broadcast posted by rosewood on FSU.
Dai and Nobu are so weet. :)

"Playbacks of Mao's 3As from Vancouver to the LP at Sochi. Daisuke at the rink teared up at
the moment of Mao's finishing the LP to Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No2.

Daisuke: My heart was filled with all the feelings. My fingers were crossed for Mao.
Nobu: Me too tear up every time I recall the moment, even now.
Daisuke: I can't help tearing up every time I rewatch videos"

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...say-figure-skating-is-wonderful.89260/page-21

Franklin99

Medalist
Part of the fluff portion of the JSOI broadcast posted by rosewood on FSU.
Dai and Nobu are so weet. :)

"Playbacks of Mao's 3As from Vancouver to the LP at Sochi. Daisuke at the rink teared up at
the moment of Mao's finishing the LP to Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No2.

Daisuke: My heart was filled with all the feelings. My fingers were crossed for Mao.
Nobu: Me too tear up every time I recall the moment, even now.
Daisuke: I can't help tearing up every time I rewatch videos"

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...say-figure-skating-is-wonderful.89260/page-21

I just read the whole interview posted by rosewood, and I LOVE their relationship. Team Japan is the best. And I'm glad Mao wants NO MORE OLYMPICS, as she said. ISU and judges don't appreciate her gift and beauty on ice. But i'm sure, they're missing her and her 3A now.

While I root for Liza to bring 3A back to women's competition, even if she lands it, I doubt alot of it will be landed upright or that she will be consistent. And she's one of the best jumpers, but her 3A struggles only proves how much of a mental jump A 3A is. And Mao must be super strong mentally to be able to land them in competition from 12 to 24, and then add 7 more triples (or TWO 3-3's with a 3A) to that performance...:bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I just read the whole interview posted by rosewood, and I LOVE their relationship. Team Japan is the best. And I'm glad Mao wants NO MORE OLYMPICS, as she said. ISU and judges don't appreciate her gift and beauty on ice. But i'm sure, they're missing her and her 3A now.

While I root for Liza to bring 3A back to women's competition, even if she lands it, I doubt alot of it will be landed upright or that she will be consistent. And she's one of the best jumpers, but her 3A struggles only proves how much of a mental jump A 3A is. And Mao must be super strong mentally to be able to land them in competition from 12 to 24, and then add 7 more triples (or TWO 3-3's with a 3A) to that performance...:bow: :bow: :bow:

Does this mean she won't come back? Or she will just come back for 1-2 season then retire?

Franklin99

Medalist
Does this mean she won't come back? Or she will just come back for 1-2 season then retire?

My take: no to coming back for a season, unless they (Dai, Akiko, Nobu) joined her. But a BIG NO for the next Olympics. She definitely won't be going to SK 2018.

Meoima

Match Penalty
My take: no to coming back for a season, unless they (Dai, Akiko, Nobu) joined her. But a BIG NO for the next Olympics. She definitely won't be going to SK 2018.
So maybe at the beginning of next season she will announce her retirement.

Franklin99

Medalist
So maybe at the beginning of next season she will announce her retirement.

Probably. She sounds like she wants to do shows more than competitions. And if it's true that the JSF takes a large sum from their shows and endorsements while they're still competing, retirement is the best thing for Mao. That way, she can continue to make money from her shows and her endorsements without losing any of it (outside of taxes) to them.

iceberg

On the Ice
I haven’t watched the anime but I heard that was filmed recently. Oh here is the link.
The anime(& the movie) seem to be interesting :yay:

It is a really commendable anime. It's very intelligent and very well written. But what I appreciate about this anime is that its very intricate, but have zero loop holes. And a lot of interesting music in the background too. When I listened to Nocturne i just closed my eyes and imagine Ice goddess Mao.

gotoschool

Medalist
This quote translated by rosewood sounds more serious in terms of her true feelings about continuing to compete (both for and against). Rosewood translates "Sometimes half-and-half becomes 80%(comeback)-20%(retire), and from time to time I have swings inside of myself - between I can and I can't. I want to win in case I make a comeback. It will be tough. I have no idea at this point. I'll make a decision to go on one of the paths of the two."

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...say-figure-skating-is-wonderful.89260/page-20

In my view, winning could be dependent on variables that are not based on the quality of her performances. Either way, I would just love to see her skate with the great expression and freedom she did at the end of last season. I think there is no way to ever quantify that kind of inspiration.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
In context, I'm not sure Mao's "No more Olympics!" was serious. :think: I think she's conveying the pressure and stress of the Olympics. Sometimes we say, "Man, I'm never going through that again!" after a bad day... but we jump right back in tomorrow. :laugh: Plus, we did see how the others in her generation both said she is the most competitive, and loves skating the most.

Ultimately, I think we're still where we were at the end of last season: waiting for a definite answer on Mao's part.

gotoschool

Medalist
Rosewood made it clear from her post that the pro wrestler in the picture, Keisuke Sasaki, is known to be a good husband and father, so it's probably these qualities she likes, especially since she likes kids so much. Or, it could be just kidding around, since she is on a lot of light-hearted TV shows.

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/Kil...nsuke.jpg.html

Last edited: