Today I turned the age of the year I was born | Golden Skate

Today I turned the age of the year I was born

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am alone now with Otis, world's sweetest orange tabby. Life is getting tougher. We have a few mature heartful folks here who post and actually care about other posters. We have lots of lurkers too. If anyone sees this I ask prayers from believers of any stripe. And thank you to those posters who inform, entertain and never write snotty posts to the many, I suspect CoP challenged posters from the bygone era. I just love the discussions, except when someone hurls an insult my way. In one religion, orthodox they ask pardon to all those they know, for offending them in any way. So I love religious forums and skating ones. I know the believers by now, at least a few, and I ask your prayers. If my opinions annoyed anyone, sorry.

This is truly a melting pot and the written word (often typed quickly) is oft misunderstood. The season is underway, and I hope your favorite wins at least once. It should be extraordinary. I'm thinking I should get IN this season and look for someone to connect laptop to TV. I would never know how. I have seen JO skaters and it looks like a great year for skating fans. Why do I pay for Kardashian type junk and cannot see skating in America?

Our culture is truly in decline. (here in the US) I don't know about the other countries. October brings blessings and while I'm happy to see ice skating, I pray for a mild winter. Please, powers that be!

I wish you a good birthday, and that happy events surprise you this year. Give Otis a scritch under his chin for us cat people.

You echo my thoughts: why do we pay for Kardashians when we're unable to see skating in America? And not just Kardashians--nightly pro wrestling. Thank goodness for YouTube, and the generous, patient souls who upload skating programs.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Isn't cable just becoming, well, gross, Olympia? I am not easily shocked or offended (who is in this culture anymore, I wonder) but I can't find anything to watch other than the singing, dancing contests, and Smash, which should debut soon, I hope, anyone know? Thank you for the birthday wish. My sweet pca bought me a new bedspread and lunch, and tomorrow i see my old beloved orthodox preist/saint freind. I wish to make some new freinds and it is not easy. My bldg has no activities and I'm a fish out of water here.

If there are any good new dramas (I don't pay for HBO) I am missing, let me know gentle readers. I see the same movies-ancient on the free channels. I saw "Rainman" and for the 100th time "Saturday night Fever." Young Travolta still gets me, lol.

Well, DWTS is on but I must admit to tiring of Ballroom and I don't get why Kristi is not there. It's ok, but they should change out the judges. I miss made for TV miniseries, movies and clever comedies like "Frasier" and "Will and Grace." Funny how that first and only season of Survivor I watched changed TV so permanently. Wrestling, hoarders, repo men, ugh. How is this entertainment? I just don't see why they can't revive pro skating. The entire weekend is college and pro football. Do that many women really like football?

There is a show I keep forgetting to watch. I don't have Tivo and have no idea how to watch things later-I have a cable box if anyone knows. It is called "Long Island Medium." I wonder if she's for real or just a clever lady. Anyone watch this show? What do you think. A few clips of Honey Boo Boo sent me screaming back to my laptop. What must Europeans think of us? (cringe). And other cultures? Sigh.