Christmas Shows | Golden Skate

Christmas Shows

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Anyone participating in their rink's Christmas shows this year?

Nigel

On the Ice
How about just posting links for Holiday shows? Any ticket info, location info, etc...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How about just posting links for Holiday shows? Any ticket info, location info, etc...

I think this thread is more about our GS members who are skaters... not the "headliner shows"...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do coaches have to be the organizers? couldn't the skaters band together and get the ball rolling?

mskater93

Record Breaker
In this case, no, as he is working to get a theater on ice kind of thing going AND the rink is more willing to talk to him about ice time, etc. for rehearsals and show

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think this thread is more about our GS members who are skaters... not the "headliner shows"...

This is true!

But if your local rink is having a Christmas show, by all means post a thread with a link to it in Announcements.

Or if you go to a show, please tell us about it?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
For the past two years I've skated in my club's Christmas show. However this year I am off the ice due to foot surgery.

blue dog

Record Breaker
For the past two years I've skated in my club's Christmas show. However this year I am off the ice due to foot surgery.

I'm so sorry =( You normally skate in Escondido's show, correct?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yes Escondido. The club is doing a Vegas theme and the adults are skating to "Luck Be A Lady". My friends left me a spot in the routine, but not sure if I can skate or not by then. Tried to put my foot into my boot and it wouldn't fit. Been off the ice since July.

blue dog

Record Breaker
Yes Escondido. The club is doing a Vegas theme and the adults are skating to "Luck Be A Lady". My friends left me a spot in the routine, but not sure if I can skate or not by then. Tried to put my foot into my boot and it wouldn't fit. Been off the ice since July.

Only do what your body feels is right. If you are in the show, let me know! I'll get the SDIA adults to come watch. You should come to our show, too! Our adult number is In The Mood for Christmas.

Dreaswi

Rinkside
I know the feeling. I just pulled out of our show. I shattered my ankle in June and have yet to get on the ice. We are hoping I can skate starting on the 20th but that only leaves 10 days til show.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
My foot was doing pretty good until I bent my toe under all the way. Now it has no movement. So for sure no skating or Christmas show. I see my foot doctor on Wed, and I hope I didn't undo my bunion surgery.
Blue dog when is your show?

Dreaswi

Rinkside
Injury update. I have now returned to the ice but I am back at basic one level of swizzles. We are discussing about a small part in the Christmas show. Music city figure skating club in Nashville Tennessee. December 2nd at 2 pm. Tickets are 10.00. Anyone in the area please contact me at [email protected]

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Glad to hear you have returned to the ice. I'm still waiting for my foot to heal enough to start skating again, it's been 4 months.