Johnny Weir to compete on Food Network's Celebrity Cook-Off 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir to compete on Food Network's Celebrity Cook-Off 2

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Full Press Release Announcing the Cast said:
EIGHT MULTI-TALENTED CELEBRITIES ANNOUNCED FOR NEW SEASON OF "RACHAEL VS. GUY: CELEBRITY COOK-OFF"

Season Two premieres Sunday, January 6th, 2013 at 9pm ET/PT on Food Network
Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri return to coach their teams for ultimate bragging rights

NEW YORK - October 15, 2012 - The cast of the second season of Food Network primetime series Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off is revealed with a roster of star-studded and diverse competitors, which battle it out in this fast-paced and fun culinary competition. The all-star lineup includes: Chilli (member of pop/R&B group TLC), Gilbert Gottfried (actor, comedian), Cornelia Guest (designer, author, philanthropist), Dean McDermott (actor, reality television star), Kathy Najimy (actress, Sister Act), Hines Ward (former NFL player; Super Bowl Champion and MVP), Carnie Wilson (singer, Wilson Phillips) and Johnny Weir (two-time Olympic Figure Skater, three-time U.S. National Champion).This 6-episode, top-rated series, once again features Emmy(R)-winning talk show host and Food Network icon Rachael Ray and best-selling cookbook author and successful restaurateur Guy Fieri, as they coach and mentor the eight multi-talented celebrities. The second season premieres on Sunday, January 6th, 2013 at 9pm ET/PT.

In Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off, the contestants are divided into Team Rachael and Team Guy, as they face intense weekly challenges that are sure to have them working, fighting and laughing along the way. The losing team must send its two bottom-rated contestants to face off against each other, with one member sent home each week. The last celebrity standing at the end of the season wins bragging rights and a cash donation to their favorite charity. Season one winner was Lou Diamond Phillips for Team Rachael.

Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off is produced by Jane Street Entertainment.

:scratch: Not sure when they're shooting the competition, but shouldn't he be more concerned with training for Nationals?

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
It was filmed back in June, right after the shows in China.

Long time lurker, first time poster, back to lurking now.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sounds like fun! I don't enjoy non-topic-focused reality shows, like Bachelor, Kardashians, blah, blah, but I admit I like the shows that involve the participants learning/doing something, like Dancing with the Stars, Top Chef, things like that. 6 episodes sounds really bear-able, too == don't have to drag it out like a network series such as Hell's Kitchen. Whatever he cooked, Johnny obviously didn't let it interfere with his physical conditioning -- he looks fit and trim for the skating season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I bet you he was good at flakey pastry! LOL I am sure Johnny will do the figure skating world proud - maybe he asked Brian Boitano for some tips sinc ehe had his cooking show.

noskates

Record Breaker
Ohhh Skater Boy...."flakey pastry?" :laugh: I think it's a hoot seeing athletes learn something that is out of the ordinary for them. Looking forward to this cranky and thanks for posting it!

Good to hear from you, Cranky! And thanks for the info.

"Multi-talented"—meaning, I suppose, that we shouldn't expect them to be able to cook.

Not that I'm any great shakes as a cook, so I mean no criticism by this. If I were on there, I wouldn't survive even the food prep phase.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The first season was pretty good, they all have a knack in the kitchen, but only some really have a mastery of flavor. The cast was better last season, too, IMO.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Johnny has been seen preparing food on his own show from time to time. Maybe he'll be able to prepare something low-cal but delicious, so that you can eat more than one or two bites while watching your weight!

glam

On the Ice
Johnny has been seen preparing food on his own show from time to time. Maybe he'll be able to prepare something low-cal but delicious, so that you can eat more than one or two bites while watching your weight!

Is it possible to watch those episodes online somewhere? I found the previous season on tudou.com, but I haven't found the new ones, yet.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
They should've asked Sasha Cohen. She probably would kick butt.
I wish I still had cable to watch Chopped. My favorite show on Food Network.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I can't wait to see him on the Celebrity Cook Off! I didn't know he had his own show either. I'm bummed that Brian Boitano's cooking show ended. It has also been neat seeing Johnny and Tara commentating. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's surprising to me how many skaters list cooking or baking as a hobby. I wouldn't be sure that Johnny can't cook. Although I would be much surprised if he could.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
In the past Johnny's mentioned on his website how much he enjoys food and cooking, and he's said that he likes to do things like swap recipes with Russian grandmas. I bet he's not half bad!

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Johnny is going to be great fun to watch on this show. He is very witty and has a good personality.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The press release (quoted in original post) says it premieres on January 6, 2013.