2012 Skate America Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Men's Short Program

Snoopy15

On the Ice
O_____O

Hanyu's score?! Is that a new WR?

I'm pretty certain that was a new WR, because Daisuke Takahashi was the previous WR holder, with 94 pts in the SP at World Team Trophy this year.
Congratulations to Yuzuru Hanyu!!! Good Luck in the Free!!

Art&Sport

Medalist
The score is really inflated and doesn't make much sense. If this is the way the season is going to trend ... uh boy!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holy cow @ Yuzuru Hanyu's 95+ SP score! Patrick Chan should be very worried. :yes:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Yep, Hanyu's score is a new WR for a SP. The previous record holder was Daisuke Takahashi's 94.00 at the WTT last season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
They are making it clear Baby Hanyu is the new crowned Prince of FS and well deserved

Becki

Medalist
Hanyu just broke a WORLD Record. His performance was amazing, I thought he would hit around 90....but holy 95. I am in complete shock.

Art&Sport

Medalist
That score for Hanyu is a joke. No way should there be almost a twenty point spread between him and Jeremy.

Yeah, that's the point. Ridiculous! Jeremy has way more maturity, dynamism and dance skills than Hanyu. Politics at work all the way. And Orser looks like the cat who licked the cream.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Hanyu just broke a WORLD Record. His performance was amazing, I thought he would hit around 90....but holy 95. I am in complete shock.

Me too! From what I saw, he looked very sharp...I think his jumps were 4T, 3A, 3Lz-3T? I hope a video of his skate pops up on Youtube soon, because stupid ads kept popping up during his skate on my feed and I couldn't see a good part of the screen during that time.

Dots

Final Flight
I don't know that 95 is excessive... :think:

Well a bad night for all Americans. Man! Jeremy is so far behind. :(

Becki

Medalist
Me too! From what I saw, he looked very sharp...I think his jumps were 4T, 3A, 3Lz-3T? I hope a video of his skate pops up on Youtube soon, because stupid ads kept popping up during his skate on my feed and I couldn't see a good part of the screen during that time.

He was super sharp! He's capable of earning 95 with a clean skate..that's pretty impressive. I was so nervous watching his short program, but glad he did so well.

Art&Sport

Medalist
They are making it clear Baby Hanyu is the new crowned Prince of FS and well deserved

You got the first part right. But let's keep our hats on folks. Its just the first GP of the season. Yessiree bob, I hate the politics and the scoring system. At least give a semblance of being balanced and fair. Problem is, Jeremy is the one who has to show that he can always land the jumps before they are going to even consider scoring him all of what he deserves re his amazing skills.

Hanyu's good, but please.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All of Jeremy's technical errors added up contributing to the low TES: under-rotated and fall on 4T, a saved 3A that was not up to the quality that he is capable of (he received no +GOE on that element like he usually does), low spin levels (2 Level 3 spins & 1 Level 2 spin), and low step sequence level (only Level 2). He has to get more comfortable on his spins and footwork; other skaters like Hanyu are receiving Level 4s and 3s on those elements.

Dots

Final Flight
The dangerous thing about overscoring a skater in the SP this bad (and it is bad!!!!) is that he can fall apart in the FS and still win. lol

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Just gotta say, Yuzuru Hanyu - Holy crap!!! 95!!!! His program was so good, and he just keeps amazing me. However, I do have to agree with some of you who said 95 seemed a little high. His program was great, but was it the greatest short program that's ever been done in the history of the current scoring system, therefore deserving the world record? I'm not so sure...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The dangerous thing about overscoring a skater in the SP this bad (and it is bad!!!!) is that he can fall apart in the FS and still win. lol

True, but Hanyu is not normally one to fall apart. He has proven he can be a consistent skater and the judges obviously notice and respect that, as do the fans. GO HANYU! :love:

chloepoco

Medalist
All of Jeremy's technical errors added up contributing to the low TES: under-rotated and fall on 4T, a saved 3A that was not up to the quality that he is capable of (he received no +GOE on that element like he usually does), low spin levels (2 Level 3 spins & 1 Level 2 spin), and low step sequence level (only Level 2). He has to get more comfortable on his spins and footwork; other skaters like Hanyu are receiving Level 4s and 3s on those elements.

Plus, Hanyu received bonus points for his jumps. Great job tonight!! Actually, all the Japanese guys did great!! And they deserved their scores--no politics involved!!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Holy cow @ Yuzuru Hanyu's 95+ SP score! Patrick Chan should be very worried. :yes:

The judges will still show Chan some love because of his SS, but if Chan keeps falling and Hanyu keeps skating like this, it may be a battle between Dai and Hanyu for gold. I don't think ISU will continue rewarding Chan the top of the podium with mistakes and risk more audience booing. Jeremy has to work so much harder just for recognition that he's in the top echelon, which he is -- he just has to believe it and show it consistently.