2012 Skate America Men's Short Program | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Men's Short Program

Art&Sport

Medalist
Hi, I tuned in just at tail end of pairs sp (V/T had just finished and didn't look happy). I'm watching CCTV-5 stream (via www8.livetv.ru...) and they repeated some of the pairs programs (D/C; C/S so far) while waiting for the mens sp to begin.

The hosts are talking and I can't understand a word of what they are saying. Is it Mandarin? The female host's voice is so grating. I wish I could understand what they are saying.

Dots

Final Flight
Well good for him that he saved that program. Go Armin. This should keep him in the last group for the FS 68+

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I think the haha stream is a few minutes behind as the scores came up before the end of Armin's program. Still, the crowd did like the performance.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Enjoyed Armin (too bad re the first jump); Sorry for Doug -- he just didn't have his feet under him the first couple of passes. Menshov is very talented athletically, but wow, skating to Pina that S/S made famous last year -- really bad choice if you can't express the music well.

Art&Sport

Medalist
No, I think Menshov should be behind Armin because Menshov does not have good choreo or any artistic skills, poor interpretation and no musicality. Jumps are not everything!!! Jeez, is that political or what. I looked at the judges marks on isu.org -- No way is Menshov better than Armin in PCS, SS, TR, PE, CH and IN. Can't stand the politics and judging system in this sport.

Last edited: