2012 Skate America Men's Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Men's Short Program

Art&Sport

Medalist
Great Abbott. I didn't see Kozuka's sp so can't compare, but I think Jeremy is a better overall skater than Taka. Hopefully, Jere can start sticking that quad -- he has great programs.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Yeah, I'm not liking the hair, either. It makes him look much older. I do like his costume, though. Not liking Brezina's though.

Snoopy15

On the Ice
Ouch that fall from Brezina. landed on his back *yikes*

That entire program bought the word "Yikes" to my mind.
Aside from being slightly more refined in the presentation department, I don't think that Petrenko's bought any improvements to Michal's skating.
His jumps are falling apart, his spins look unrefined and uncoordinated, and his turn quality in the footwork look very shallow and undetailed.

Oreo

On the Ice
Jeremy's hair is part of the "suave spy" look for his character. I'll go along with it.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
JA very entertaining program, good marks for season's start.

That's just the same hair as Lysacek, no?
It looks different to me - like there's a little curl at the bottom in the back. I want to take some scissors to it. Lysacek's looked styled that way. Abbot's just looks like he tried but didn't succeed.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yeah, Johnny and Evan rocked the slicked back style first. It's okay, as Jere is getting into his character IMO. More concerned about him being armed with the jumps tho' -- hairstyle is not going to get him points one way or the other. ;)

I like Brezina, but I don't think Brezina should be in front of Jeremy. And he wasn't.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yuzuru !!! he's all so grown up now but the more I love him.
that will be monster, MY HANYU !!!!!! :)

looks like Chan and Dai will be shaking when they hear Hanyu's name
like Zhenya said he is the one to bet in Sochi !!!!

Last edited:

Dots

Final Flight
Well this is going to be interesting. I bet it scores 85+

That ugly shirt needs to go though ;)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, what a phenom is Hanyu. Still, I love Jeremy better!

Okay, yes, Hanyu is good, but way over-scored. The score doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I have wanted to see what Hanyu would do with this music. I like it but I think I will still like Lang/Tchernyshev's passion to the same music better.

MasterB

Final Flight
That score for Hanyu is a joke. No way should there be almost a twenty point spread between him and Jeremy.