Hanyu @ SA | Golden Skate

Hanyu @ SA

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, Hanyu was amazing; he looks unbeatable. Abbott did a good job considering the mistake. Verner is not looking so good right now. buy Hanyu - looks like Patrick Chan might want to consider retiring. And Hanyu is still young to boot!

skatefan12

Rinkside
Wow, Hanyu was amazing; he looks unbeatable. Abbott did a good job considering the mistake. Verner is not looking so good right now. buy Hanyu - looks like Patrick Chan might want to consider retiring. And Hanyu is still young to boot!

Actually, I was thinking it was rather nice that there was someone else scoring in the realm of PChan to make things interesting-or at least make him try and earn his scores. Hanyu does tend to fade a little in the FS though, if I recall correctly, because he struggles in the second half of the skate due to his asthma. I am excited for him though. I was there in person today and it was pretty awesome to see :)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

You've said this too early, right?

Hanyu was amazing in SP. But there were still a lot to be desired. He's matured so much from last year but still he hasn't completely come out of Pooh bear den. Though, he has a great future ahead of him.

Last edited:

FTnoona

Final Flight
I think the biggest advantage (not the only just the biggest imo) Chan has right now over Hanyu is his stamina. Poor kid fell apart after the falls on the quads and was gasping for air. He fought for his jumps and completely left out the performance :(
A good learning experience though. Hoping he does better at NHK!

Last edited:

herios

Medalist

Oh really? That FS was actually really worthy of a world champion:laugh:

Becki

Medalist
I think the biggest advantage (not the only just the biggest imo) Chan has right now over Hanyu is his stamina. Poor kid fell apart after the falls on the quads and was gasping for air. He fought for his jumps and completely left out the performance :(
A good learning experience though. Hoping he does better at NHK!

Yeah poor Yuzuru :'( But I have complete faith in him! He'll be ready at NHK :)

Ice Diva

On the Ice
You've said this too early, right?

Hanyu was amazing in SP. But there were still a lot to be desired. He's matured so much from last year but still he hasn't completely come out of Pooh bear den. Though, he has a great future ahead of him.

Yes, agree Hanyu had a great SP but over scored IMO. Definitely not the best short ever - that honour goes to the world champ x2. It does make things interesting tho' with such a deep field and so many talented players.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hanyu is so good; he'll bounce back and continue to mature. He is younger than Chan who is like an elder stateman (ha ha ha that makes Joubert the old grandfather still trying to be sexy) Huge potential; I am not sure if Patrick showed so much promise; he certainly didn't have the jumps at that age.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Hanyu is so good; he'll bounce back and continue to mature. He is younger than Chan who is like an elder stateman (ha ha ha that makes Joubert the old grandfather still trying to be sexy) Huge potential; I am not sure if Patrick showed so much promise; he certainly didn't have the jumps at that age.

It was true that Patrick did not have the jumps Yuzuru has at this age. But to be fair, Patrick's skating was so much refined than Yuzuru at this age. Patrick started to have promise for his future only two years ago when he has had quad under his belt.

I agree that Hanyu is a gold medal contender in Sochi. But there are a few skaters who are gold medal contenders too.

ETA: Yuzuru looks like having less chance than other gold medal contenders in Sochi.:)

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
ETA: Yuzuru looks like having less chance than other gold medal contenders in Sochi.:)

Yuzuru has plenty of time before Sochi to get his emotions, stamina, and asthma issues under control. I, for one, think he can do it!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Just trying? I think not.

When Yuzuru was in his final junior season, I thought he was the best 14-15 year old I'd ever seen. Each year I just adjust the age upwards by a year, but the sentiment remains the same. He is a special talent.