2012-2013 TES requirements for ISU Championships, and new GP Score reqs | Golden Skate

2012-2013 TES requirements for ISU Championships, and new GP Score reqs

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
2012-2013 TES requirements for ISU Championships, and new GP Score reqs

Debate has been raging over at FSU about the new TES requirements and how damaging they'll be to less deep federations. Indeed, the smaller federations were very shortsighted when they voted to remove the preliminaries, as the ISU Council responded with these new minimums. The basic consequence is that idea that all federations have one spot at Worlds in each discipline, regardless of how they placed the year prior, is a thing of the past. The new TES Minimums are as follows

ISU European and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2013:
MEN SP 25,00 FS 45,00
LADIES SP 20,00 FS 36,00
PAIR SKATING SP 20,00 FS 36,00
ICE DANCE SD 18,00 FD 28,00

ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2013:

MEN SP 20,00 FS 40,00
LADIES SP 20,00 FS 35,00
PAIR SKATING SP 20,00 FS 30,00
ICE DANCE SD 17,00 FD 27,00

ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013:

MEN SP 35,00 FS 65,00
LADIES SP 28,00 FS 48,00
PAIR SKATING SP 28,00 FS 45,00
ICE DANCE SD 29,00 FD 39,00

Sara

On the Ice
I'm wondering if anyone here would know the answer to my question.. I'd like to know if a skater who has previously competed at junior level (JGP, junior worlds) and has obtained the required minimum tech scores to compete at (senior) worlds but who has not yet been age eligible to do so.. can this skater benefit from those minimum scores the following season when she finally is age eligible to compete as a senior? Or does she have to obtain the minimum scores as a senior skater? I'm afraid I'm explaining this in a very complicated manner :D The thing is that senior skaters do not need to obtain the min tech score during the ongoing season but also previous season's results are taken into account. But does this apply to a skater who skated as junior during the previous season and obtained the senior minimum tech scores, and who is now moving to the senior level?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm wondering if anyone here would know the answer to my question.. I'd like to know if a skater who has previously competed at junior level (JGP, junior worlds) and has obtained the required minimum tech scores to compete at (senior) worlds but who has not yet been age eligible to do so.. can this skater benefit from those minimum scores the following season when she finally is age eligible to compete as a senior? Or does she have to obtain the minimum scores as a senior skater? I'm afraid I'm explaining this in a very complicated manner :D The thing is that senior skaters do not need to obtain the min tech score during the ongoing season but also previous season's results are taken into account. But does this apply to a skater who skated as junior during the previous season and obtained the senior minimum tech scores, and who is now moving to the senior level?

You can use junior scores to qualify for senior events.