2012 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow the Ice Network stream is rather good. I remember dropping it a a few years ago cuz' it was horrible. If they keep this up I'm going to buy the membership for US nats. :)

Same for me! It does sometimes stop for a few seconds but picks up where it left off and is very clear.

Rachael is actually hard for me to watch now. Her struggles really are obviously physical not mental. She really kept her head after the first botched jump/combo. She's also gained weight which can't be helping her.

skfan

Final Flight
very nice eagle from ms. flatt. something i always look forward to in her programs.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
daphna said:
Rachel's dress is lovely, but she's still overweight.

Could people already stop writing ******** like that?

Rachael looked beautiful with that make-up! Nice to see her again, loved the energy at the end :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Could people already stop writing ******** like that?

Rachael looked beautiful with that make-up! Nice to see her again, loved the energy at the end :)

She has gained a lot of weight. I try to be as tactful as possible when discussing weight, but it is obvious that she has. I thought the score was a bit low. Wonder what her levels were.

tae04

On the Ice
Only liked the spread eagles at the end. Otherwise Flatt is very unimpressive these days.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina Gao (USA)

SP: Close Without Touching by David Arkenstone

Very nice dark blue/purple dress w/ long sleeves.

3T+3T - looked nice
2A - landed, not much ice coverage
FSSp
3Lo
LSp - she doesn't attempt Biellman anymore
SlSt
CCoSp

Solid program

tulosai

Record Breaker
BEAUTIFUL effort from Christina. I am VERY impressed by the level of her skating given that she is also taking a full load at Harvard. Beautiful positions on the spins. I'm so glad to see her looking like this.

skfan

Final Flight
beautiful from christina gao. so beautiful in every way, neat jumps, but posture still a bit hunched over... and feels a bit rushed here and there, like she wasn't always able to stay with the tempo of the choreo. very nice though. i'd watch it over and over if i could watch it sans commentary.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Great program from gao: wht a wonderful, clean, elegant and mature program! The 2A is a lot better now :thumbsup:

emma

Record Breaker
My hats off to Rachel - love her dress, think this is a great program for her, enjoyed watching her - even with a double flip and what appeared to be relatively slow skating. There's just something about her and her commitment to skating that I find very enjoyable!

Cristina looked really solid - I didn't expect that and was very happy for her!!!! Wow - all these full-time college 'kids' really showing us to balance commitments, amazing!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
tulosai said:
She has gained a lot of weight. I try to be as tactful as possible when discussing weight, but it is obvious that she has. I thought the score was a bit low. Wonder what her levels were.

It's just not something people should write like that about. And comments like that aren't new. Besides, she's far from being overweight, she's just not as thin as other skaters usually are - nothing unhealthy about it.

I think Christina's skate was beautiful! but 56 seems a little low...?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sarah HECKEN (GER)

SP: Asturias by Electric String Quartett

Neon light blue dress with gold straps and detailing

3T-threeturn-2T
3S
FCSp
2A
LSp
CCoSp
StSq