2012 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies SP

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Red Violin by John Corigliano

Red dress w/ black tie dye on hem. Silver detailing on bodice. Strap detaling on back

3F+2T - 'Rippon on 2T
LSp
CCoSp
2A
3Lo - very twofooted, perhaps UR?
StSq
FSSp

skfan

Final Flight
ashley, great program, i like the music cuts, the pacing, the intensity overall. the dress is nice, too. the 3-3 is to come then? this is very good for first GP.

and it wasn't necessary for them to declare that the top score is currently such and such... as if they're milking for effect... look how far the US champ outpaces the field.

that, and i hate commentary in general

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Ashley wasn't perfect, but the program suits her. I really liked it, looks like a good season for her :)

And now Adelina, go girl!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not a fantastic skate for Ashley. Honestly a bit surprised by how high she score is. Very solid though, lots of personality. Really fights for everything, I have lots of admiration for her.

emma

Record Breaker
ashley, great program, i like the music cuts, the pacing, the intensity overall. the dress is nice, too. the 3-3 is to come then? this is very good for first GP.

I couldn't agree more - I really, really like this program. Can't see where a 3-3 is going to go unless she takes out the 'tano-toe' to make it a triple. But really this program has many nice features include the split jump or falling leaf? out of her double axel. and i love, love the music cuts.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS)

Music: Capriccio Espagnol by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov

Black dress with lace illusions/cut-outs. Red rose in hair.

3T+3T - good height
1F
FCSp
2A
LSp
StSq - nice character
CCoSp

Nice program, shame about the flip.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Adelina is GORGEOUS. Love the program. Just sublime in every way. Shame about the hesitation on the flip. Just beautiful.

Dots

Final Flight
Adelina looks so nervous out there. I wish she could calm down a bit.

Last edited:

skfan

Final Flight
i adore adelina, but i feel she could do more with better choreography. when she's on, her charm makes up for it... wait, was she really better than c. gao? 0_o

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a shame... That flip!! :bang: nice program and steps, though... 58 is quite good!

emma

Record Breaker
I really love the height she gets on her jumps and the really, to me, beautiful leg positions...too bad about popping the flip. But nice program, i'll look forward to seeing it again.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I really love the height she gets on her jumps and the really, to me, beautiful leg positions...too bad about popping the flip. But nice program, i'll look forward to seeing it again.

Adelina in terms of potential is my favorite of all the up and comers. I love her combination of big skating (big jumps, big speed etc) but then add in beautiful skating (positions) spins. Fab skater. She just needs to learn how to handle the pressure...

The other youngsters are nice but Gold may have big jumps (but no where near the spins/elegance)... Tukt/Julia nice jumps but no where near the bigness.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE)

Music: Poinciana

Turquoise dress, open back, fringed hem, silver detailing.

3T+3T - twofooted, UR?
2Lo
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq - nice attack
CCoSp

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Nothing special from helgesson, the jazz music doesn't suit her at all!