2012 Skate America Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Ladies SP

emma

Record Breaker
Aww...don't like to hear that she was crying - I stopped watching toward the end; this program just didn't work for her today. She appears to have great athleticism and spunk, I wish she could package this differently - I just find it hard to like her skating and I want to. Also, were her boots dirty? It appeared that way on my stream and it was distracting. Poor thing - bring it in the LP!

gmyers

Record Breaker
I was off about leonovA being better than third way off totally off now she is in a duel with flat for last!!!! No first or second for her! Cup of Russia 2010 all over again!!

Trewyn

Medalist
Yay Ashley! Despite the bad landing on the loop, still the leader of the night :) Loved the music, calm confidence, split falling leave out of the 2A (I remember her 2A could be iffy a while back, now it looks solid).
Don't think she's really overscored, considering Adelina's score with a popped flip. (Though Adelina's triple-triple was impressive).

And wow I've never seen Alena so upset! Poor girl!!!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
his list of crimes... starting with dai's costumes that hide his beautiful hands... *grrrrr*
Starting with that? His crimes are legion and go back years. In fact, they should be the subject of a dedicated thread. I'd rank forcing Adam Rippon to straighten his curls up there, and basically everything Amodio has done with Morozov as his choreographer. Destroying the artistic merit of a skater that special is criminal indeed.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I remembered Leonova complained, she was late in arrival, had her luggage misplaced
and affedcted hours of practice , maybe its one of the reasons she was horrible today

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Poor leonova... :cry: I usually don't like her, but seeing a top-skater that makes such terrible mistakes and cries in the kriss-and-cry is always a sad thing!
So, Ashley in first, Adelina 2 and Gao 3! What a wonderful position for Christina after a shaky year! :agree: And, Marchei in 5! :yay:

macy

Record Breaker
poor alena. and rachael...wow. i actually enjoyed rachael's program, i thought the choreography was great and her interpretation was way better than in the past. she needs to get her triple triple and lutz back in. but a 43? way too low in my book. i didn't enjoy alena's program at all, there's just something about her skating i don't like, but gosh i feel bad for her. hopefully she pulls it together in the long. awesome skate from ashley! love her program and her sky high confidence. adelina was alright to me, i love her power, speed, and height she gets on her jumps but i've never been a fan of her programs in general. christina did amazing too, i'm so proud of her. she skated beautifully and hit that triple triple with ease! i hope the rest of her season will bring her as much success.

skfan

Final Flight
Starting with that? His crimes are legion and go back years. In fact, they should be the subject of a dedicated thread. I'd rank forcing Adam Rippon to straighten his curls up there, and basically everything Amodio has done with Morozov as his choreographer. Destroying the artistic merit of a skater that special is criminal indeed.

of course. it was silly of me to even attempt to recite the man's crimes. right now i most resent him for dai and miki, but give me 5 minutes and i'll move on to some other atrocity...

lavender

Record Breaker
Adelina is so so so good. I really would love for her to win the OGM.

I agree. I guess I should root for a skater from the U.S. but I like who I like and I've always liked Adelina.:)
I do wish that she different choreographers. I'm not in love with her programs these days.

skfan

Final Flight
I agree. I guess I should root for a skater from the U.S. but I like who I like and I've always liked Adelina.:)

we're not at war (well, not technically) with most of the countries these skaters represent. i like who i like. adelina is uber gorgeous :)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
poor alena. and rachael...wow. i actually enjoyed rachael's program, i thought the choreography was great and her interpretation was way better than in the past. she needs to get her triple triple and lutz back in. but a 43? way too low in my book. i didn't enjoy alena's program at all, there's just something about her skating i don't like, but gosh i feel bad for her. hopefully she pulls it together in the long. awesome skate from ashley! love her program and her sky high confidence. adelina was alright to me, i love her power, speed, and height she gets on her jumps but i've never been a fan of her programs in general. christina did amazing too, i'm so proud of her. she skated beautifully and hit that triple triple with ease! i hope the rest of her season will bring her as much success.

Last years Nationals with a great free skate was the perfect time for Rachel to retirement. The crowd was literally giving her a retirement/thanks for a great 5 years ovation. She reacted as if she was recognizing that, perfect time to go to school full time and maybe do some show skating on the side. Then she comes back!?!? She apparently didnt get the memo but the judges are going to try their hardest now to drill it into her this season, and unfortunately she may have to find herself being retired and shoved out the door by the seat of the pants the way Suguri eventually was if she isnt careful.

skfan

Final Flight
Last years Nationals with a great free skate was the perfect time for Rachel to retirement. The crowd was literally giving her a retirement/thanks for a great 5 years ovation. She reacted as if she was recognizing that, perfect time to go to school full time and maybe do some show skating on the side. Then she comes back!?!? She apparently didnt get the memo but the judges are going to try their hardest now to drill it into her this season, and unfortunately she may have find herself being retired the way Suguri eventually was.

i thought her 3 loop looked good, her 2a ok, and she had (to me) her trademark fight and resilience, non-panic reaction to adversity. this has served her well, as outside of ashley wagner i would not characterize any of the other US lady as having steady nerves (yet--maybe gracie is getting there). i would not bury rachael's chances yet.

i was surprised tonia kwiatkowski (sp) spoke openly about her foot injury. i've read posts re: how she should withdraw from SKAM so mirai could have 2 GP's and /or can avoid entering china as a person of japanese descent. well, it's not like skating at worlds with next year's world's spot on the line, and probably quite a few skaters are nicked up in some way or other...

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah no matter if she lands all her jumps is even more slow then she was in the past.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Ashley looked strong and had she not messed up the landing of that 3L she probably would have scored a 62-64...

Dammit Adelina! She nails the 3T-3T and then pops the flip! *facepalm* At least the rest of the program was strong. If she'd landed that flip her score would have been in the 62-65 range. Even with the mistake, she's right in it. Boy, do her jumps fly!

Christina had the program of the segment for me. It was absolutely lovely, she hit all of her jumps (including the 3T-3T) and the program itself was gorgeous! Maybe full-time school and skating will work for her this year...

Yay for Mae Berenice in 4th place...strong performance for her. Valentina's program and performance were very good as well...I really enjoy her skating.

Alena was patting her hip a lot in the warm up like it may have been bothering her. I wonder if that's why she did so horribly?

Rachael in last place again...you know, the end of her program was nice but the beginning was sloooooowww...the movement on the ice, the jumps, the spins--all of it was very slow.

I'd love the see the top 3 finish like they are: Ashley, Adelina, Christina. I really want to see Ashley continue her streak of good skating, I'd like to see Adelina perform well and stay focused, and I like to see Christina on a podium! Can't wait for tomorrow!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
i would not bury her chances yet.

Her chances for what? A top 10 finish at Nationals? Yes I agree she could continue making to Nationals without having to go through regional competition for atleast another year or two.