Skate America Ice Dance | Golden Skate

Skate America Ice Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I guess I have to remember this is Skate America but as good as Davis and White are they in no way deserve to have that much of a lead over Weaver and Poje or B and S from Russia. The scores seem right for Canada and Russia but D and W were gifted. They are good but not that extraoridinary especially in the SD. Its like different judges were watch D and W. Very disappointing as much as I like D and W; we want good judging and or fair judging. Listen, not every routine or performance is a winner or complete winner. The judges should then give Canada and Russia at least 3 to 4 more points each. I fear this will continue in the free dance too. It's like they are ordained Oly gold and world gold. definitely SA gold.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three or four more points based on what???? Disgruntled fans wishes?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
No, pcs. the skating skills of B and S and W and P were much closer; both are much stronger this year. Interpretation and choreography - D and W;s polka tracings or pattern were smaller and should have been bigger compared to Russia and Canada. D and W are good but shouldn't be that far ahead. I understand certain fans have nationalistic pride too but this isn't personal because I like D and W and in many ways I wan them to win Oly gold because they were second last time but I also think V and M are so good too and have so many unfortunate injuries. But as for SA; I am just saying when you look at the whole performance I think W and P and B and S were robbed or D and W were gifted like there was no tomorrow. Just my thoughts.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Never fear. V/M will be marked similarly at Skate Canada next week---I'll bet you won't be complaining about overmarking then.