2012 Skate America Pairs LP | Golden Skate

2012 Skate America Pairs LP

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Pairs Free

Since no one else has. I will. It's starting now. Now watch - there will be 3 threads started.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
I hadn't really noticed Donlan/Speroff before and it's a shame about the fall, but I really liked the program and like Tonia K. said..it suits them.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I know D/S have a big following here and I see why- their lines and positions are beautiful. Her death spiral and the lifts were great, and their throws have potential. However, they really do not have the technical difficulty now to compete at the top level in the sport and I'm disheartened because I think their side by side jumps and throws actually have no improvement since last year. Might just have been a few rough skates though.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I know D/S have a big following here and I see why- their lines and positions are beautiful. Her death spiral and the lifts were great, and their throws have potential. However, they really do not have the technical difficulty now to compete at the top level in the sport and I'm disheartened because I think their side by side jumps and throws actually have no improvement since last year. Might just have been a few rough skates though.
I'm puzzled by the technical problems. At Nationals last year I had great hopes for them because they COULD do the technical stuff. They both had good jumps and she had good landings on the throws. Now I don't know if that was an anomaly or if this competition is. Time will tell.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
kinda wishing there was a way to get this to stream on the wii.... or is there?

skfan

Final Flight
I like James dress. It looks beautiful on her.

*very* beautiful. i really like james/cipres. castelli/shnapir too. i wonder if i detect julie marcotte choreography in these two LP's? ^__^

always liked D/S, and that program suits them, but i wonder how they would look in a julie marcotte program... LOL... i think every pair should skate to her choreography...

ETA. ok so the arena announcer announced the score to beat at this point... and J/C are not american... so... it wasn't just to drum up cheers for wagner... fine, i eat crow...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I liked Volosozhar/Morozov's costumes when they did Pearl Harbor better. Though Vanessa James does look nice.

Morgan Cipres must be incredibly strong - they're pretty good with the lifts, and Vanessa is definitely big for a pairs girl.

Great score for them, so nice to see them doing well!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wonderful effort by D/C. Very dynamic, very energetic. They have made improvements since last year in every area I'd criticize EXCEPT for that her positions on the lifts continue to be hideous. I don't care if they are level 4, their lifts need major SOS emergency overhaul.

Other than that, great attack. They continue to lack the refinement and lines of the top teams, and need to point toes more. However, as I said, much better than last season. Good connection. Technically very very good. They should be proud.

skfan

Final Flight
gosh, tonia, stop highlighting the crowd reaction for that ugly frog lift. still, the elements were SO strong, and ON THE MUSIC! that's so difficult to achieve. i have a lot of respect for D/C. great competitors, hitting when it counts.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree on all points (re: D/C) Tulosai!

bummed I missed most of the pairs...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
D/C's lifts are fug, POTO should be banned from skating for at least two Olympic cycles, and shouldn't get the PCS they do - but being the top American pair at Skate America (or any other event) can't hurt. If only D/S were stronger technically...

Art&Sport

Medalist

ETA. ok so the arena announcer announced the score to beat at this point... and J/C are not american... so... it wasn't just to drum up cheers for wagner... fine, i eat crow...

It's probably to drum up cheers for IJS/ CoP. :laugh:

golfisme64

Rinkside
Love D/C, but agree about the lifts. She should get some help from Evora who always looked lovely in the air.

skfan

Final Flight
gorgeous from P/T. is it my imagination or has her lift positions become more elegant--stretch, pointed toes! i think she looks more healthy and less thin, as well. and i'm weak for elgar's music, esp. enigma... ^___^

i would not cry if this went ahead of D/C

tulosai

Record Breaker
P/T have such an amazing connection and such grace in their program. It was beautiful to watch them. I disliked the death spiral but no other real complaints. They should go easily into first.