If you could ask any competitor any question, what would it be? | Golden Skate

If you could ask any competitor any question, what would it be?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you could ask any competitor at Skate Canada any question, what would it be?

There are press conferences after every event. Sometimes you can find them on IN after the event.

Reporters are always trying to think up good questions, but fans have questions too!

If you could ask any competitor any question, who would the competitor be, what would the question be?

I'd like to ask Piper Gilles about how her Canadian citizenship application is coming>

I'd like to know from both V&M and C&L does anything change for you when you are in a competition and your competitors are skating to the same music as you are (both doing Carmen). How do you find something new in such a frequently used piece of music , to keep your programs distinct from other programs people have done in the past?

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
I'd ask Scott Moir to dinner! :laugh:

But actually, I'd probably ask Tuk about her experience working on two SP and two FS by two different choreographers and how she was able to decide between each SP and FS.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan will obviously get a million questions about his coaching situation and JO performance. So I'll move on to other skaters:

Oda: the Japanese men are very strong - what are his goals within that situation and what does he plan to do to try and regain his former top 3 position?
Fernandez: last year you had an excellent GP season but not a great showing in the ISU Championships. What will you change this year to get to the big events in better form? Also, why are you not doing 2 SP quads considering you have two pretty consistent ones?

Davis/Ladwig (though I don't expect them in the press conference) - specifically Mark: how did it feel to compete with a new partner after such a long partnership with Amada Evora?
Savchenko/Szolkowy: I'd really love to hear more about their program development process with Steuer, though that's probably better suited to a proper interview. What are their goals for this pre-Olympic season in terms of program content? How are they planning to prepare for Sochi?

Dance - I'll join Doris in being interested in V/M's and C/L's choice of Carmen and how they plan on making the music their own.

The only questions I can think of for the ladies are really boring.

Last edited: