quad-quad combo? | Golden Skate

quad-quad combo?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Awesome! Two skaters before Mura tried to put 4T as a second jump in combo: Menshov 4T-4T www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3GnlX4TlY and Plushenko 3A-4T www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVM8NB27WI . All guys did it UR, but Mura's attemp is probably the best among all. No one ever tried it in competitions. Mura has a wonderful 4T and the most amazing and powerful 3A in Men's history. He is not that stable sometimes but he might wanna try to push this record. As for how much such a 4T-4T combo would cost, that's just easy to find out it: 10.3x2=20.6 :eek:) :).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
is the 4-3-3 worth more? between 4-4 and 4-3-3 which is more difficult?
4T+4T: 20.60 points (first half, obviously!)
4T+3T+3T: 18.50 points.
I think the 4-4 is A LOT more difficult!! And, if you're interested, Plushenko almost landed a 4-3-3 in his 2002 Olympics FS.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
^ He did, and did it rather well: got +1.20 GOE to BV 17.80 (at that moment), so 19.00!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
4T+4T: 20.60 points (first half, obviously!)
4T+3T+3T: 18.50 points.
I think the 4-4 is A LOT more difficult!! And, if you're interested, Plushenko almost landed a 4-3-3 in his 2002 Olympics FS.

Plushenko landed 4-3-3 combination 4 times,and 4-3-2 combination 26 times.

This is the first perfect 4-3-3 combo in figure skating history. In comeptition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7WXLsJlAiw

Mura is AWESOME!

Last edited:

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
AFAIR, didn't van der Perren land a 4 3 3 at one point? 2010 Worlds, I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWhZrA7NJM

The title on the video says so, anytway.

It's the highest scoring three jump combo under the COP scoring system at an official ISU events. It's also a very 'dumb' combination since you want as many rotations in the back half under the scoring system and the triple toeloop isn't a great jump for the men to repeat.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
If it's a difficult jump or jump combination, it's sporty. It's pushing the athletic envelope. I think 4-4 or 4-3-3, regardless how much it will get, is great and exciting! I'd love to see someone jump a 4-4 in competition. One of the main reasons makes the competitions different from the shows.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
It's the highest scoring three jump combo under the COP scoring system at an official ISU events. It's also a very 'dumb' combination since you want as many rotations in the back half under the scoring system and the triple toeloop isn't a great jump for the men to repeat.

Yep. Unless the rule change for men and skater get bonus for pulling Oda. Most will atempt to repeat the 3A and 3Lz for max point, assuming there is two quads in the program.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Most will atempt to repeat the 3A and 3Lz for max point, assuming there is two quads in the program.

Well, it would have to be two different quads -- if you repeat the same quad, that uses up one of the two repeats and then you can only repeat one triple (as of 1998-99).

If there were a jumps-only contest or phase of competition, that would be a great place to push the envelope on individual elements with the highest possible base values.

In the context of a free program, a clean quad-quad combination would earn a lot of points, but how many points would the skater end up giving up in the rest of the program in terms of quality (losses to physical and mental fatigue after the intensity of the superdifficult element) and ability to take advantage of distribution bonuses, etc.?

But if several skaters can get to the point of executing clean quad-quad combos in their freeskates, then the rules may change to allow quad-quad combo in the short program, where it would be extremely valuable.