Spin in Ashley Wagner's SP? | Golden Skate

Spin in Ashley Wagner's SP?

Art&Sport

Medalist
I read the GoldenSkate article on Ashley Wagner's sp win at SA. In it, she was quoted as saying that she changed one of her spins in the sp because she found out it was illegal, and so she expected not to receive the levels she was looking for. I wonder what it was that was illegal about the original spin, and does she plan to change the substituted spin in order to up her levels? I also wonder what spin she substituted.

Does anyone know?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thought this would do better as it's own thread so we could get it seen as I'm interested in the answer as well! :)

This is a great thread because it helps us look at an important element that some of us (such as myself!) would definitely not know how to analyze on our own. I eagerly await insights from the experts among us.

Revised spin rules are really complicated that skaters are now need more focus on non jump elements. I don't think I want to be a choreographer under NJS.:scratch:

gkelly

Record Breaker
Well, if she changed it before she competed with the "illegal" spin, we won't have video to analyze, will we?

Good one, Drivingmissdaisy! I'm chuckling at a wonderful inner picture of Ashley (or even Surya Bonaly) doing a backflip mid-spin. If it's a Biellmann spin, she'd already be in the arched position....that would explain everything.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Good one, Drivingmissdaisy! I'm chuckling at a wonderful inner picture of Ashley (or even Surya Bonaly) doing a backflip mid-spin. If it's a Biellmann spin, she'd already be in the arched position....that would explain everything.

A backflip during the death drop into sit spin... j/k