Narumi Takahashi Injured, Withdraws From Grand Prix series | Golden Skate

Narumi Takahashi Injured, Withdraws From Grand Prix series

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Narumi dislocated her left shoulder in practice with pairs partner Mervin Tran, and she still need surgery and 3 months recovery time. So they are out of the GP series, and perhaps for the rest of the season.

[Source]

emma

Record Breaker
So, so sorry to hear this. I do wish her a complete and speedy recovery!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I hope she takes all the time she needs to heal. They're such a special pair (their lines!), but since they're not eligible for the Olympics, they don't need to rush things.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
This is so unfortuante for this team. Wishing Narumi a speedy recovery.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wish Narumi a quick recovery!

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121026&content_id=40063922&vkey=ice_news

"The shoulder started dislocating in April and it happened five or six times," Gauthier said in Windsor, Ontario, where he is coaching Canadian champions Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford at Skate Canada. "Last Friday, I said we needed an MRI, and it was hard getting one in Montreal, so they went to Japan.

"They decided they are going to operate next Tuesday and put the ligaments tighter together, so she is off four to six months. Hopefully, it might heal soon enough. We might try to get ready for worlds, but the Grand Prix is definitely out."

So bummed about this! I really like them. But I agree that Narumi is better off, personal and career wise, to get this taken care of now while she's still young.