Yu-Na to skate at NRW Trophy, Dortmund | Golden Skate

Yu-Na to skate at NRW Trophy, Dortmund

skateluvr

Record Breaker
can someonen translate this into english please perhaps th OP - r u korean? thanks

L

lowtherlore

Nothing much in the article other than what the title says. Some excerpts: She will premier her two new programs to the themes of the film Kiss of the Vampire and the musical Les Miserables; She is filing an entry to Golden Spin of Zagreb too, as an alternate schedule.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I was thinking of going to NRW Trophy depending on who is there, so now I'm definitely going. Yes!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder what is really going on with Yuna? If she was really serious about skating and being in Sochi she would do more then one event a year. I don't care how good she is she needs to compete or she will be like Worlds 2011 where she was rusty. I just get the feeling that she's doing this to make sure South Korea as two spots for Sochi and that's it.

I wonder what is really going on with Yuna? If she was really serious about skating and being in Sochi she would do more then one event a year. I don't care how good she is she needs to compete or she will be like Worlds 2011 where she was rusty. I just get the feeling that she's doing this to make sure South Korea as two spots for Sochi and that's it.

I think so, too. But who knows, if Yuna starts winning again, maybe the competitive fire she(and we all) thought has all gone might come alive. For now earning Korea's two spots in Olympics seems about it.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
No female skater perform like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7rccqcSzg&feature=plcp
Her technic is the best...all she needs is the stamina to perform rigorously 4 minutes.

Yuna was unlucky 2011 Worlds...injured during SP...ice is slippery...
Yuna was also was robbed by judges who were angry with her for not partipating Grand Prix competitions.
Judges gave her unacceptable PCS scores.

RumbleFish

Rinkside
I don't like her choice of programs. Les Miserables won't do her any favor. It needs to be skated with warmth and inspiration, but cold skaters like her won't be able to pull it off. On the other hand, Vampire sounds like something well suited to her.

No female skater perform like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7rccqcSzg&feature=plcp
Her technic is the best...all she needs is the stamina to perform rigorously 4 minutes.

Yuna was unlucky 2011 Worlds...injured during SP...ice is slippery...
Yuna was also was robbed by judges who were angry with her for not partipating Grand Prix competitions.
Judges gave her unacceptable PCS scores.

OOOOOOOOOkay, "SkatingAnalyst."

I was thinking of going to NRW Trophy depending on who is there, so now I'm definitely going. Yes!

I was thinking to ask if anyone was going. Great to hear that someone from GS will be there. I hope you get to see YuNa at her best. Don't forget to report back to us about it.

L

lowtherlore

That's my concern too. She can be rusty, and meeting the SP score hurdle (for Worlds) at NRW Trophy is not a given, even for her. But no matter what her motivation for this season is -- to win or just to secure spots for 2014 -- I believe she won't be half-hearted in her effort in doing well, i.e., she's serious about her skating.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
This is great news. It proves that she is serious; Olympic champions don't often appear at Senior B's.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This is great news. It proves that she is serious; Olympic champions don't often appear at Senior B's.

isn't it the only way she can appear at worlds - to get the correct score to qualify - or as OC does she get a bye?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
isn't it the only way she can appear at worlds - to get the correct score to qualify - or as OC does she get a bye?

Yeah, she needs to get the required technical element score in the short and long to qualify for Worlds. So I'm relieved that she is going to compete earlier in the year, so that she's not completely stressed out at the Four Continents Championships (her only other ISU-recognized competition, as I far as I know).