Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Short Program

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Too bad about Liza. I really enjoyed her last year and was hoping puberty/growing pains wouldn't be too hard on her. I'm not sure the program is suitable for her either. Dress is quite nice though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Next warm group is on the ice. I think Osmond is going to make it to the final group for free skate, possibly even among top 3.

I think for sure she will. Barring a true shock neither Ksenia or Amelie has any hope of scoring above her IMO.

Macassar88

Medalist
Too bad about Liza. I really enjoyed her last year and was hoping puberty/growing pains wouldn't be too hard on her. I'm not sure the program is suitable for her either. Dress is quite nice though.

She had a better SP at Saint Petersburg, but Mishin already said that she isn't ready for this comp but they are doing it anyway.

wallylutz

Medalist
Osmond was SO gifted=///And Liza shows emotions just great, thank you very much...

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2012/SEG003.HTM

Not according to the judges' marks. In the "Interpretation" component, the two had their largest difference in margin in favor of Osmond whereas Elizaveta even came out ahead in SS. To have a young debutant beating her like that in IN says a lot and note I made my remarks during the live skate even before any knowledge of results so this suggests this panel and I are noticing the same issues.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Monko and Khaliavin haven't been doing well this season. They don't have very good material either - I guess Zhulin put all his best choreographic work in Bobrova and Soloviev's dances.

The difference in TES was significant. Monko & Khaliavin got 25.50 and Starygina & Volobuiev got 29.80. I was hoping for M&K to have improved since I saw them at the russian test skates.

Akiko looks great and her dress is amazing.

Macassar88

Medalist
I think for sure she will. Barring a true shock neither Ksenia or Amelie has any hope of scoring above her IMO.

Ksenia usually has good short programs but bombs the long - it's not out of the realm of possibility. Ksenia also has a really nice SP.

evangeline

Record Breaker

I agree. I think Liza would do much better with more energetic, dynamic pieces of music than that sleepy muzak Love Story stuff.

gioccia

On the Ice
I don't agree that Liza lacks emotions...it's not all about smiling...it's feeling the music...I did like the way she did it. I fear that Liza and Gracie have lost their chances to make GPF

Macassar88

Medalist
I agree. I think Liza would do much better with more energetic, dynamic pieces of music than that sleepy muzak Love Story stuff.
I hope that she tries working with Lori Nichol at least once - lori would know how to get Liza's PCS up really high.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Skating isn't really that popular anywhere anymore, I guess.

And wow, I didn't think Osmond was gifted at all. Some of the other skaters are capable of topping that PCS score, but they didn't bring it today.

Oh, Lacoste just fell. What a surprise.