Skate Canada 2012 Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Pairs Short Program

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I like S/S's current short program more than last year. Very nice start in the season for S/S, they look very strong and healthy. Watch out V/T ...

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I love S/S's new short. Immensely watchable. The costume enhances and illuminates their movements and lines.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the PBPs....can't wait to see the videos - S/S's program sounds interesting.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 72.26 Short Program
2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 64.49 Short Program
3. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 59.79 Short Program
4. Paige LAWRENCE & Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 52.88 Short Program
5. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 48.43
6. Lindsay DAVIS & Mark LADWIG (USA) - 47.05
7. Tiffany VISE & Don BALDWIN (USA) - 46.47

emma

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for the videos!!!! I was prepared to dislike S/S's costumes and found I loved them with this music. Nice to see them open the season strong!

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
Lol, Aliona certainly anjoys her vivid colored catsuits, doesn't she? With that said, I loved that program, very interesting choreography. Last year I was all about V/T and really didn't care for S/S programs, but that has switched this year.

yqs100

On the Ice
Good start for S/S, technically perfect,,, but this program didn't surprise me....a bit plain.. Of cuz the costume is colorful

Ilvskating

Final Flight
it's nice to see S/S nailed everything in their first competition. I almost decided to drive 4.5 hours to SC. sending positive vibes to Patrick, V/M, Javier, Anna and her partner, and Oda!
good luck everybody for the LP tomorrow!

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
In general, what a lot of sadly awful death spirals — this element is so poorly done in general now it has become painful. Also the pair combination spins (I know, there weren't any in the SP) are generally horribly done now. They are almost all slow and ponderous, looking like painful exercises in contortion, done badly. The pairs need to take a long hard look at the dance teams. They have far surpassed the general level of the pairs field on this element in the last couple of years.

While I'm ranting a bit, I hate, hate, hate the very common lift transition where the man lifts the woman to his waist and she splits her legs, stuck out like sticks on either side of his hips, then he swings her back and finally presses her over his head. I get that it's difficult. It's just totally unpleasing aesthetically. Yuck.

paircheck

Final Flight
Eric is such an elegant and masculine skater at the same time. he's now on my best looking male skater list. He has Such great lines and grace in movement.

agree 100%

he has grace ... not like other pair guys... maxim for example

paircheck

Final Flight
S/S very very good in shape... superb 3FTh... better and higer than last season ... solid 3T + 3FTw... nice transitions... but the costumes ...pls change!!!
D/R improving constantly every season... nice transitions in the DS and the lift... 3L SBS does nobody else.. and this risk counts ... the music and costumes suits them well..
B/H nice sp... solid elemants...but they have to improve their 3Tw.. the music ans costumes are stylish...

tdnuva

On the Ice
Concerning the costumes of S&S... in a German article it was mentioned that a design studio made them (for the first time, up to now Aliona was responsible for the costumes they wrote). In return Robin presented the shirt line of that fashion label. The name of the design studio / label was not mentioned.