Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Makes sense, though he technically never finished 4th at Japanese nationals. But yes, I guess in the judges eyes that is how they see it.

Still, he is the only one of the top 4 Japanese males who have never medaled at Worlds despite attending that event 5 times.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Having not seen either program -- it is a bit silly that Javiar has better SS scores than Nobunari "soft knees" Oda....

Art&Sport

Medalist
After looking at Elladj's skate, he should definitely be in front of Ten. I haven't seen Amodio yet. Elladj skated great. What does he have to do to get great marks? Elladj deserves at least 76-78 range for his clean performance. I don't care about PCS, Elladj may need more polishing, but he skated better here than Denis. If they are going to put Elladj in front of Ross, then he should be in front of Denis too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Still, he is the only one of the top 4 Japanese males who have never medaled at Worlds despite attending that event 5 times.

That is true. Well golly, can't we just send the top five at Japanese Nationals to Worlds this year? Pretty please?!

Becki

Medalist
Having not seen either program -- it is a bit silly that Javiar has better SS scores than Nobunari "soft knees" Oda....

I feel the same.....and I've watched both programs. But Javier did have more "flare" (he was doing a tango I believe)

LEESTARR

Rinkside
1 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
85.87 1
2 Nobunari ODA JPN
82.14 2
3 Denis TEN KAZ
75.26 3
4 Florent AMODIO FRA
74.61 4
5 Elladj BALDE CAN
72.46 5
6 Artur GACHINSKI RUS
69.74 6
7 Ross MINER USA
69.41 7
8 Takahito MURA JPN
62.10 8
9 Liam FIRUS CAN

emma

Record Breaker
Oda still has great, soft knees...but Javi looked good, strong, focused, committed to the choreo, and even elegant.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oda still has great, soft knees...but Javi looked good, strong, focused, committed to the choreo, and even elegant.

Ah, well I look forward to the program. I do like Javier too! I have no doubt he deserved the other marks, but I'm just strictly talking SS here. (Though I know about that whole corridor thing yada yada).

Art&Sport

Medalist
Elladj deserves to be in front of Ten and Amodio. Ten is definitely out of place and so is Amodio.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really sad to see what is transpiring with Artur Gachinski's career. He showed so much promise at one point and now, sadly, he's much more miss than hit. :(

emma

Record Breaker
Mrs. P....I should have said that I can't really remark on SS - I'll have to rewatch these - but, they are both worth watching, so enjoy it when you do!