Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Men's SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I'm hearing not over 80, 90 and 93 and change...so what exactly did he do or not do?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So how did he do?!

3t-3t combo (no, that's not a typo)
3A w/ stepout hand down
gorgeous 3Lz

Off at the end timing wise. The final spin was a little wonky. The program wasn't that well skated. 82.57 is really kinda ridiculous. The haters will have a field day, and rightly so.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Really sad to see what is transpiring with Artur Gachinski's career. He showed so much promise at one point and now, sadly, he's much more miss than hit. :(

surprised ? I think not
Gachinski is such a lost cause , that sooner he will fall out of favor in his own Fed
I bet by next season Gachinski will be dumped for Kovtun

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
3A w/ stepout hand down
gorgeous 3Lz

Off at the end timing wise. The final spin was a little wonky. The program wasn't that well skated. 82.57 is really kinda ridiculous. The haters will have a field day, and rightly so.

Oops I thought it was a 4-3

LEESTARR

Rinkside
Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
85.87 1
2 Patrick CHAN CAN
82.52 2
3 Nobunari ODA JPN
82.14 3
4 Denis TEN KAZ
75.26 4
5 Florent AMODIO FRA
74.61 5
6 Elladj BALDE CAN
72.46 6
7 Artur GACHINSKI RUS
69.74 7
8 Ross MINER USA
69.41 8
9 Takahito MURA JPN
62.10 9
10 Liam FIRUS CAN
60.50 10

emma

Record Breaker
Oh...that's too bad. So Chan is off his game; he tends to be slow to warm up in the Fall so here's hoping he is, well, just warming up. I still want to see it!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
3A w/ stepout hand down
gorgeous 3Lz

Well at least he didn't fall?

Still it is crazy that he is ahead of an Oda who did a 4T-3T....

ETA: Have not seen any of the programs.....so more thoughts later on.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Well at least he didn't fall?

Still it is crazy that he is ahead of an Oda who did a 4T-3T....

Eh.

He's a smart skater, though. Had he not tacked on the 3T to his 3T and did a 3Lz-3T, it would've voided the whole combo (you can repeat a jump in combination, but not outside in a SP).

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Goodness, Skate Canada really hates Oda, don't they? First, he loses to a 4 fall Chan in 2010 (despite only falling once) and now he does a 4toe+3toe + a nearly clean performance (turn-out on 3Axel) and still loses to Chan with all his errors.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Chan is only 4th in TES. I want to see the BV and how much GOE they gifted him for this sloppy girl's level skate.