Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Short Dance

rain

Record Breaker
Early in the program Scott said he almost knocked Tessa out — accidentally hit her. They got visibly stuck on their last lift — the one that he apparently hurt his neck on. That knocked the lift down to the lowest level. Also apparently they lost some levels on some other things.

This doesn't bother me at all. They know what they need to work on and I expect their scores will just go up as the season goes on. And, importantly, I liked the program as a whole. I think it's a good vehicle.

auser

Record Breaker
I noticed the twizzles were a bit off on the first set. The unison on some of the footwork was a bit off. There was something weird with the last lift as well.

I'm surprised they aren't in first but this program is weird to me. Maybe it's weird to the judges as well.
Yeah me too. I felt kind of like hmmm, not sure about this program. I wondered if I was just missing something.

SGrand

Final Flight
Scott hit Tessa in the head at the beginning too lol.
They lost at least 8 pts on levels.....(that's what Tracy just said).

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols are up

V/M: NOTHING WAS LEVEL FOUR. Levels two and three on the Yankee Polka, level three on the twizzles, level two on the NT-steps, level one for the lift. Whoa.

I'm just letting that simmer.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
With all those technical problems, and they still have an *average* PCS score of 9.32.

No wonder people have problems with, well, you can fill in the rest.

eta: Ah, thanks IP, for pointing out the levels. At least that's something.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
With all those technical problems, and they still have an *average* PCS score of 9.32.

No wonder people have problems with, well, you can fill in the rest.

Yeah, it's almost like people are judging elements and program separately. Their PCS should demolish their TES here.

emma

Record Breaker
Wow. I didn't imagine this was possible. I kind of like that the "invincible ones" are, well "vincible." But, can't wait to see the improvements...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In the thread on the men's short program, someone posted that Skate Canada is the most corrupt event on the GP circuit. And after seeing both Chan's and Voir's PCS scores, there may be something to that.

I'm just an average fan, but frankly I can understand why people get turned off figure skating when something like this happens. It leaves a bad aftertaste...

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Wow. I didn't imagine this was possible. I kind of like that the "invincible ones" are, well "vincible." But, can't wait to see the improvements...

Hey, they're human.:) Remember the SD at last year's GP Final? I'm waiting to see the program, but I'm not worried, even about the levels. They just had one of those flukey bad skates. Though, I will say, if this is the same lift that Scott pulled his neck on, they should change it now, before he hurts himself for real. Not worth risking it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Hey, they're human.:) Remember the SD at last year's GP Final? I'm waiting to see the program, but I'm not worried, even about the levels. They just had one of those flukey bad skates. Though, I will say, if this is the same lift that Scott pulled his neck on, they should change it now, before he hurts himself for real. Not worth risking it.

I think it was (and I expect them to change it). I'll wait for the FD to be truly worried re: levels, but I'm starting now just in case.

tulosai

Record Breaker
In the thread on the men's short program, someone posted that Skate Canada is the most corrupt event on the GP circuit. And after seeing both Chan's and Voir's PCS scores, there may be something to that.

I'm just an average fan, but frankly I can understand why people get turned off figure skating when something like this happens. It leaves a bad aftertaste...

Yes. I haven't seen it yet but they got positive GOE on the lift, which from what people have said sounds ridiculous. Can't comment further without seeing it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think it was (and I expect them to change it). I'll wait for the FD to be truly worried re: levels, but I'm starting now just in case.

D/W also didn't get the levels they usually do at SA IIRC- didn't B/S beat them on levels? I wonder if Igor's absence is showing. I hope not.

emma

Record Breaker
I agree skatingfan04....not at all worth the risk if this indeed is the neck problem lift. I still haven't seen it so....waiting impatiently :(

and yeah, I know they are human, just didn't realize they were quite this human :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
V/M are ahead of C/L because of huge PCS scores. Technically, they took several hits:

YP: they hit only 3 of 6 key points, 12.79 points; C/L got 13.26
Twizzles: level3 for 6 points; C/L level4 and 7
Step sequence: level2, 7 points; C/L level3 and 7.79
Lift: level1, 1.93 points; C/L level4 and 5 points

The lift cost them the most; it was a hot mess.

Narumi1997

Rinkside
Although different judging panels...something to point out- Weaver and Poje's scores at Skate America would have been first in the SD here

edit... a tweet from Peter Murray-something to think about

V/M tech score 27.72 does meet minimum Tech Score (29) to qualify for Worlds. Only the Italians did with 32.44.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
tried to find videos but failed. Off to bed...hope we can see this sometime soon.