Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST) | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

Kissx3

Final Flight
Can someone please explain to me why people are claiming that the international judging panel at Skate Canada (which changes every year) is more corrupt than the international judging panels (which change every year) at any other event?

I can't explain that but just from this event alone it's hard to say Akiko shouldn't have won. I'm not going to go all out like some people here and say Kaetlyn is so untalented, my fave is better, she should've come in no higher than 7th blah blah blah tearing some 15 year old child to shreds but c'mon now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The second robbery of the night was Murakami. Three 3 UR calls?! I swear I think judges like to give UR calls for her just for fun.

The 3L I'm OK with. But the other two are completely phantom to me.

loren

Rinkside
Wanna hear a joke?
Suzuki got 7.57 for performance/execution and Osmond got 7.61.

And Osmond got 7.61 for Interpretation whereas Suzuki got 7.57.

Can some one who is knowledgable explain why Osmond's interpretaion is SUPERIOR to Suzuki's ??

fwsf

Rinkside
From some of the posts that Canadian skaters are gifted in PCS, I thought the judges are all from Canada. I checked the panels of judges for each discipline and only one Canadian judge in each panel. So what is the explanation ?

May be all judges are drinking Canadian water and all got a virus of 'Canadian bias' . May be they are all brain washed by the Canadian evil skating empire. I hope some of you have better answers than mine.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
From some of the posts that Canadian skaters are gifted in PCS, I thought the judges are all from Canada. I checked the panels of judges for each discipline and only one Canadian judge in each panel. So what is the explanation ?

May be all judges are drinking Canadian water and all got a virus of 'Canadian bias' . May be they are all brain washed by the Canadian evil skating empire. I hope some of you have better answers than mine.

Do you really believe that Osmond should be 1st here?????

raress

On the Ice
Maybe they do seminars before competition where they are told that no matter what someone from Canada should win...even if that means giving components higher that even a 10 years experienced skater,a class skater!!Just look at the man competition Chan in second with 3T-3T that even Korpi does better!:)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
We don't have answers, but if you look at the last few years, its seems that Skate Canada is the one GP competition where home country skaters have been consistently gifted on the discretionary (PCS) side, over and above what is deserved. I have no idea if there is a Canadian-bias virus, brain washing, hypnotic suggestion powder placed in the judges' food and drink, or old-fashioned monetary payoffs going on. But there's an undeniable pattern afoot.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
This is really upsetting. When Chan is (arguably) over marked we can at least all agree his skating actually is superior to his competitors. No way Kaitlin is even close to Akiko on any of the PCS criteria.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 176.45 Free Skate
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 175.16 Free Skate
3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 168.04 Free Skate
4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 168.00 Free Skate
5. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) - 160.52 Free Skate
6. Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS) - 154.11
7. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 151.57 Free Skate
8. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 151.44
9. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 149.87
10. Polina SHELEPEN (RUS) - 124.29

fwsf

Rinkside
Do you really believe that Osmond should be 1st here?????

Don't really know. Have not watch the skates yet. Just try to understand why so many posts claim Canadian bias from an international judge panels.

Wow the protocols are interesting...The tech panel gave Osmond edge calls on both her filp and her lutz...

She should change the names of the jumps on her jump card. If she had called her flip a Lutz and her Lutz a flip, she would have picked up a couple more points. (Although only three judges out of nine dinged her in GOE for the wrong edge flip).

Anyway, I had no problem with Osmond's high scores for her enthusiastic and entertaining short program. I haven't seen the LP yet. (Hard to believe that she matched Suzuki on presentation, choreo and interpretation, though.)

rain

Record Breaker
God, the sour grapes are more than annoying. Suzuki won the LP by about 5 points. She lost the gold because she had a sub-par SP with an egregiously undderotated triple/triple combo which the judges would have had to be blind not to see. So an up-and-coming youngster beat her with a spectacular short and a solid LP. The end. Congratulations to Kaetlyn Osmond.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If Osmond deserved those PCS scores, then Akiko was undermarked and should have had 9's and 10's comparatively. :scowl: