Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ladies - Long Program (7:45 AM PST/10:45 AM EST)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gracie GOLD (USA)

Music: Life is Beautiful (soundtrack) Nicola Piovani

Blue strapless dress w/ silver detaling at sweetheart neckline

3Lz+3T
2F
2A
LSp
2Lo - shaky landing
FCoSp
3F+2T
1Lz
StSq
2A+2T - held on to 2A
ChSq
CCoSp

Not the debut she (and we) had hoped for. Let's hope she doesn't turn on to be another headcase

tulosai

Record Breaker
OK, Adelina is much better than Gracie based on results.

Also everyone needs to learn to chill out in general. This happens almost every year. We have a great junior, we get excited, she fails to meet expectations and we become irrationally disappointed and upset. This is why I didn't jump on the Gracie bandwagon. She has some nice qualities, but we will still need to see. This competition might be the exception. It might be the rule. I think sometimes people jump to conclusions way too quickly, in both directions.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Caroline ZHANG (USA)

Music: Nessun Dorma by Giacomo Puccini

Black dress w long sleeves and open back. Silver strap detailing

3F+2T
3Lz+2T - flutz
2A
FCSp
StSq - sloooow, she doesn't match the intensity of the music at all
3Lo+2T+2Lo
1F
2A
3Lo
ChSq
CCoSp
LSp

Solid program, but those are not getting +GOE. She needs more speed and relation to the music

Selene

On the Ice
Gracie is a shadow of what she was last season. She is just not a competitor. She can't handle her nerves during competition. That much is obvious when you watch the stark contrast in her practice and competition skates. Only 3 triple jumps landed is a spectacularly poor result for a good jumper. Her horrid skates as a senior have lowered the judges' opinion of her too, judging by her poor PCS.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Also everyone needs to learn to chill out in general. This happens almost every year. We have a great junior, we get excited, she fails to meet expectations and we become irrationally disappointed and upset. This is why I didn't jump on the Gracie bandwagon. She has some nice qualities, but we will still need to see. This competition might be the exception. It might be the rule. I think sometimes people jump to conclusions way too quickly, in both directions.

Couldn't agree more!

gold12345

Medalist
Give Gracie a chance. She has a ton of talent. It took her a while to get it together in Juniors, too. It certainly did not happen in the first year for her.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Zhang
Score: 96.87, total 149.87 and into 2nd.

Her lack of quality made her go behind a mistake-ridden Gold