Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Should the ISU carry out an Inquiry into the outcome of the Ladies FS at Skate Canada

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think a lot of this part of the conversation belongs in PMs. If you have an issue with a member, the other members don't need to see the ongoing bickering. Sometimes a better understanding can be met through a private message.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's too bad folks here can't be happy for a young up and coming talent - Kaetlyn skated with such joy and she was surprised that she won as she was not expecting to. Perhaps the other ladies did not skate up to par that day? It does happen, even to champions. It's nice to see a "new kid on the block" in Canadian ladies figure skating. Congratulations to Kaetlyn.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm happy that there are so many super promising skaters, but I'm really angry with the judging at SC>< I mean she is on par with Tuk,Gold etc at her best, but the result, the score was incrediolus. She made mistakes but they gave her the almost "winning-her-1st-assignment-junior-runner-up-Tukt-result" That's why I feel that other talented girls are so underscored in comparison with her..And it really frustrates:scowl:
But otherwise, happy for Canada ;-) The ladies field was so bad for them when Joannie retired..

wallylutz

Medalist
I am curious as to why Mao88 did not ask for a similar inquiry to be held re: the NHK Trophy 2012 results?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

wallylutz

Medalist
Mao88 did, just in a different thread form: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38916-Is-the-standard-of-Judging-deteriorating

No she didn't ask whether the ISU should carry an inquiry, but it has the same tone, so he/she has been consistent with questioning the judging in both situation.

Fair enough, these are very good questions that Mao88 raised. It just tells me the road to educate the fans and public in general about this sport still has a long way to go.