Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Free Dance (1:40 PST/4:40EST) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2012 Ice Dance - Free Dance (1:40 PST/4:40EST)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's exciting when 6th in the world has a chance to beat the 1st ranking couple.

Unfortunately, they are making minor mistakes, particularly on twizzle sequences, and minor mistakes are very costly in ice dance. :(

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
OK, I'm officially on the Capellini/Lanotte Love Train. I like their version of Carmen. I didn't catch a couple of elements during feed chop.

tulosai

Record Breaker
On what planet? That will not happen.

This. The Eurosport announcer either doesn't know his stuff or is trying to drum up drama when he is like 'can they do it'? Of course they can't. Maybe this sounds cynical but it's true.

Tesla

Final Flight
I'm sick of the romantic stuff with V/M. I would love to see them skate to "Night in Bald Mountain" or something similar.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Tessa really saved herself there from a fall. I LOVE this program for Virtue + Moir! And they just had another stumble. Still, terrific program, IMO! :love:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well, V/M have the superior Carmen and it will deservedly win. But I don't think it's going to be a "signature" piece compared to some of their other programs like Mahler. And I didn't enjoy it as much as C/L's Carmen.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I might get slammed but this program is not doing it for me. This is the worst I think I've seen them skate in a while. I want to see a higher quality video before I say more because I risk being wrong if not but this was very mediocre from V/M at least IMO. (of course, I am comparing them to them, not the rest of the field. THey have the better Carmen but I don't see this being a signature program of theirs as said above. I have similar feeling re:D/W so far this year)

aniela

On the Ice
Wow, British comentator just said that Tessa was the best Carmen he’s ever seen. That was INTENSE.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I might get slammed but this program is not doing it for me. This is the worst I think I've seen them skate in a while. I want to see a higher quality video before I say more because I risk being wrong if not but this was very mediocre from V/M at least IMO. (of course, I am comparing them to them, not the rest of the field)

I found all the little stumbles and glitches throughout a bit worrying...but mediocre? No way. The passion and intensity V/M displayed throughout their FD was anything but.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sick of the romantic stuff with V/M. I would love to see them skate to "Night in Bald Mountain" or something similar.

I like that it's not schmaltzy, sappy romanticism though; there's power with a bit of dark wildness thrown in too. I loved it! :rock: