West Coasters check in... (7.7 earthquake) | Golden Skate

West Coasters check in... (7.7 earthquake)

Oh, my goodness....we're awaiting a hurricane in the East, and now an earthquake? Oh, man. I hope and pray that everyone is okay out West.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sounds like they rode it out well... now the Tsunamis and after shocks are to come.

skatinginbc

Medalist
Earthquake hit off the coast of BC - check in people!
Really? I didn't feel it in Vancouver. Was I sleeping or watching figure skating?:think: But again, the news said so, and I observed an unusual high tide when I walked my cat (Yes, CAT) along the river (It's salmon season again, lots of them and big). My husband just came back from BC Place and he said the music concert held there was cut short, people were panic, calling their loved ones, wanting to go home early after hearing the news of the earthquake. There were lots of police on the street, he said.

Last edited:
Really? I didn't feel it in Vancouver. Was I sleeping or watching figure skating?:think: But again, the news said so, and I observed an unusual high tide when I walked my cat (Yes, CAT) along the river (It's salmon season again, lots of them and big). My husband just came back from BC Place and he said the music concert held there was cut short, people were panic, calling their loved ones, wanting to go home early after hearing the news of the earthquake. There were lots of police on the street, he said.

I'm relieved that you, spouse, and perambulating cat are okay. (If I were a cat in a city that has salmon, I'd consent to be walked as well.) I gather that the tsunami didn't hit Hawaii with the intensity that had been feared.

Now it's just us on the east coast in Mother Nature's crosshairs. I hope and pray that all in the path of the weather will be safe.