V alert SC on NBC rite now

skateluvr

Record Breaker
TV alert SC on NBC rite now 2-4 pm est

missed 20 mins inc aAkiko arg!

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
(I forgot too. Luckily my DVR remembered, though. :p )

You know, after re-watching Suzuki's FS (on a proper TV this time, not a crappy livestream that constantly keeps freezing), it was a solid performance, but I hardly thought she blew the roof off. It will be interesting once they show Osmond to see whether the higher program components were truly justified (and put this debate to rest once and for all)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Interesting. Tara is really good about noting URs. And the only one she noted in Murakami's FS is the second Loop. Though she didn't question her score either.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not getting figureskating---it's been edged aside by hurricane updates. We're about to get slammed here in the NE.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tara really likes Kaetlyn's energy and didn't question her score. Seeing it on TV, she does have a lot of energy and bravado, which could have prompted the higher PCS. (I bet its pretty dynamic in person). Still think Akiko was underscored due to having a more subtle program (I.e. similar to Kozuka at Skate America) and that she should have won the whole thing, but I think it's more poor judging then any sort of home cooking.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm not getting figureskating---it's been edged aside by hurricane updates. We're about to get slammed here in the NE.

They're showing skating here in MD, although they are running warnings on the screen. (the first couple of minutes of the intro were also cut off for storm update)

They seem to have pre-empted the whole thing for storm coverage. I can't blame them; they want everyone to be informed while there's time to be prepared. Nevertheless, phooey! Thanks for feeding us updates of the skating, Mrs. P. and anyone else here who supplies details.

By the way, I'm so glad to hear that Tara is doing a good job with her commentary. I was really distressed about her during those years when she didn't seem to be accomplishing anything of public significance. (Not that it's any of my business, but I felt that she was smart and accomplished and seemed to have potential for more than teenaged stardom.) She seems to have a pleasing vocal and onscreen presence, and she seems to be perceptive and well-informed. Good for her!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
All that said, I do like Kaetlyn. She seems like a real down to earth girl. She was quite classy and humble in her post-competition interview; that tells me she has a good head on her shoulders.

And while I don't agree with the result, I think she should be happy with her debut and look forward to seeing what she does this season.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
what state? we have not gotten any interrupts in MA but maybe CT will get slammed again, not us. Lord bless us all!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
My firstpro kate statement here- I love her on puter or tv. She is a dancer-so expressive. That said Akiko is consistently wonderful. I think Akiko's LP is a masterpiece and I loved her sp too. It must have been super close or should be. Not being a cop wonk I cannot say, but I am thrilled for her...right now we are getting weather updates too. Does not look good/

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Um I won't lie, the crotch grabbing in V/M's FD is a bit more obvious on tv... :laugh:

But this program is going to be great with some tweaking! So glad to see both teams doing interesting things! Still don't care for the lifts...

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NJ is expecting landfall tomorrow, with massive storm surges and winds of up to 55 mph inland (worse at the coast). I expect to lose power early Monday am and it could be days before we get power back.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
sloppy freeskate at end from V/M they won? Just caught the last half....I did not read Id thread--were they really gold after that mess of a lift in OD? Nextlooks likes top three men which has controversy too. Oh, Florent!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I do like Florent's FS better this year then the last two years... But still dont get why he gets more PCS than Miner...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love D10 concept of the continuation of The Artist in the FS. He didn't do well, but I see potential in this being a great program.

You know, after re-watching Suzuki's FS (on a proper TV this time, not a crappy livestream that constantly keeps freezing), it was a solid performance, but I hardly thought she blew the roof off. It will be interesting once they show Osmond to see whether the higher program components were truly justified (and put this debate to rest once and for all)

The controversy is about the conception and execution of the choreography and the interpretation of the music. That's where people are saying that Suzuki's performance was a cut above the rest.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You know, I am pleasantly surprised by Michael Weiss commentary in the men's segment. As a power jumper, you can tell he really appreciates the quads, but he makes a point of explaining that the transitions between the jumps too and why someone like Patrick Chan is good.

Also worth noting that Patrick did not get a full standing O.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Javier definitely got a standing o in Canada...watching the TV coverage...And deservingly so! Besides the error on the first jump, he packed so much tech with charm and charisma!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh Javier was so cute in his post-competition interview! Didn't know that Patrick Chan is his favorite skater. Must feel great to beat him for the first time!