Adelina Sotnikova | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed her last spin and that spiral looks a lot better now than it did in her show performances :biggrin: She has a lot of musicality, and I think this song really suits her. Hope she does well in the coming months.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thanks starlight for the info!

Now I kinda wished that Ade worked with them instead. I just feel like Ade needs something new this year. Of course, I don't mind her mad take on Swan Lake (I actually like btw) but I just feel like Ade is more compatible with modern and contemporary music. I think that's why I find her interesting.

Scott512

Record Breaker
So I checked out Ade's Instagram tonight. Her photos are very beautiful she is growing into a beautiful woman. But some of the hate filled comments aimed at her on her Instagram page are vile and outrageous. I guess this is what the Yuna fans live for. :rolleye: It's not going away either. Very sad and very creepy. This is online stalking at it's worst. I hope Adelina can handle this endless onslught of hate and I hope she travels everywhere with security and protection.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Adelina is ignoring them as I chose to do. Even though she could very well do damage to my favorite skater in competitions I still find it in myself to pull for her and show respect. IMHO she has earned it and is a very powerful skater that has shown the ability to raise her game to the top level. Isn't that the mark of a true champion and worthy of admiration and respect at the very least.

dia

Rinkside
So I checked out Ade's Instagram tonight. Her photos are very beautiful she is growing into a beautiful woman. But some of the hate filled comments aimed at her on her Instagram page are vile and outrageous. I guess this is what the Yuna fans live for. :rolleye: It's not going away either. Very sad and very creepy. This is online stalking at it's worst. I hope Adelina can handle this endless onslught of hate and I hope she travels everywhere with security and protection.

I agree. That’s cyberbullying , moistly under Korean names and in Korean language. If you check some cryptic usernames’ profiles, you’ll see mostly pictures of some Asian young women, i.e. Yuna fans.

Even if Adelina is not quite my favorite skater I cannot witness this insane bullying and say nothing.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I agree. That’s cyberbullying , moistly under Korean names and in Korean language. If you check some cryptic usernames’ profiles, you’ll see mostly pictures of some Asian young women, i.e. Yuna fans.

Even if Adelina is not quite my favorite skater I cannot witness this insane bullying and say nothing.
Thank you for your comment. The thing is some people kill themselves over less cyber bullying than what Ade is being put through. I know Adelina is very strong and lives for her family especially her little sister who has health issues for life, but the crazies online hating on her on her own online sites is way out of hand and no one says anything but Ade's fans. It's brutal. I hope she can fully focus on this season and continue on being at the top of figure skating. On a side note I cannot fathom going onto to a stars online sites and writing vile comments about them even for those I don't like. I would never consider doing it which makes the crap Adelina is being put through just crazy.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Guys, while Golden Skate does not condone cyberbulling, there is a point where it's necessary to move on. It is also not constructive to insult another skater's fans. It is really not in the spirit of the Fan Fest threads.

Please see the following announcement: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/announcement.php?f=362&a=81

In addition, it is against our guidelines to refer to fans as bots, as it's consider name calling. Remember you are still subject to forum guidelines.

Finally, Adelina is a fantastic skater and I think it would be better use of your time to discuss what you like about her! :D

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thank you Mrs. P for that reminder!

I honestly didn't like the previous comments. As a Yuna fan, those made me really uncomfortable even though I'm not Korean. I know you guys were focusing (at first) on the Korean commotions, but the subtle generalization hinting that all of Yuna's fans are horrible is leaving me feel like I shouldn't follow Ade's new journey at all.

Maybe it's just my nature of being too sensitive...

On another note, I do understand that Ade is being poorly treated by the Koreans and I know that we can basically talk and set up an organization or whatevs to battle that issue. But why can't we also talk about being proud of Ade for not letting this get into her head?!?!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thank you Mrs. P for that reminder!

I honestly didn't like the previous comments. As a Yuna fan, those made me really uncomfortable even though I'm not Korean. I know you guys were focusing (at first) on the Korean commotions, but the subtle generalization hinting that all of Yuna's fans are horrible is leaving me feel like I shouldn't follow Ade's new journey at all.

Maybe it's just my nature of being too sensitive...

On another note, I do understand that Ade is being poorly treated by the Koreans and I know that we can basically talk and set up an organization or whatevs to battle that issue. But why can't we also talk about being proud of Ade for not letting this get into her head?!?!!

Certainly if it's in the context of praising Adelina for being a strong person, that is fine. What is not ideal is bemoaning a point. There are probably people who would prefer to gush about Adelina then hear ad infinium about nasty comments on social media.

We're just requesting discernment, that's all. If you have questions, please refer to the guidelines.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Guys, while Golden Skate does not condone cyberbulling, there is a point where it's necessary to move on. It is also not constructive to insult another skater's fans. It is really not in the spirit of the Fan Fest threads.

Please see the following announcement: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/announcement.php?f=362&a=81

In addition, it is against our guidelines to refer to fans as bots, as it's consider name calling. Remember you are still subject to forum guidelines.

Finally, Adelina is a fantastic skater and I think it would be better use of your time to discuss what you like about her! :D
Fair points Mrs. P. But it is shocking to go to her own Instagram page and see such vitriol aimed at this young lady. I would rather discuss Adelina's skakting too. Some fans think Adelina deserved the gold. Most fans don't think so. But what is happening to her is crossing the line and I've never seen an athlete going though such nonsense non stop.

As for this season I am hoping Adelina can win Euro's and worlds! Is that asking too much? We shall see.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Fair points Mrs. P. But it is shocking to go to her own Instagram page and see such vitriol aimed at this young lady. I would rather discuss Adelina's skakting too. Some fans think Adelina deserved the gold. Most fans don't think so. But what is happening to her is crossing the line and I've never seen an athlete going though such nonsense non stop.

As for this season I am hoping Adelina can win Euro's and worlds! Is that asking too much? We shall see.

It's terrible, no doubt. As I said, we're not condoning these actions. But we were concerned about the Adelina Fan fest thread = Ranting about negative social media posts/Yuna Kim fans/Koreans. And as sunny_stars points out, it makes Yuna fans who happen to like Adelina (Yes it's possible!) as well feel uncomfortable about posting here. And we definitely do not want that.

Anyway, you guys get the point. Carry on.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you guys want to talk about things, like social media posts, you can start threads somewhere else in the forum, provided the threads comply with the Guidelines.

What you should not do is keep going on about negative stuff in Adelina's fan fest thread or other fan fest threads. These threads are for celebrating favorite skaters, discussing their skating, programs and so forth.

starlight97

Final Flight
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...mer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-27#post-4327107

Q: And Sotnikova?
TM: Sotnikova had an additional motivation to show all she could in the Olympics - she didn't participate the team event. It was the RFSF decision, which am not going to argue. She skated brilliantly. She behaved great being under the Olympic pressure, she dealt with the depression when she learned she would not be participating the team event. Again, her results speak for themselves and she doesn't need my descriptions.

"Depression" may actually be the right word to describe how she must have felt...
There are videos of her being 12 years old and talking about how she wants to skate in Sochi. All the hard work.

And then being told you're not good enough to participate while the rest of your team apperantly are. Sitting at home and watching Yulia skate and the team winning gold and crying (that's what she said) ... and then having to get it together and skate?!

Her coach must be a genius psychologist.
And HOW she got it together. She really showed what she's made of :)

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Thank you for stepping in, Dorispulaski and Mrs. P. :yes: I would not like this fanfest thread to turn into a pity thread. If Adelina has chosen to follow the high road and ignore all nasty posts, so should we as her fans. Showing her support and faith in her abilities is one thing, going on about how she's going through hell is another. I for one would like to concentrate on her current skating. Starlight97, I'm intrigued by your comment that you don't believe there's anyone in the current ladies field who can beat a clean Adelina. What about a clean Park, or a clean Gold? :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...mer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-27#post-4327107

Q: And Sotnikova?
TM: Sotnikova had an additional motivation to show all she could in the Olympics - she didn't participate the team event. It was the RFSF decision, which am not going to argue. She skated brilliantly. She behaved great being under the Olympic pressure, she dealt with the depression when she learned she would not be participating the team event. Again, her results speak for themselves and she doesn't need my descriptions.

"Depression" may actually be the right word to describe how she must have felt...
There are videos of her being 12 years old and talking about how she wants to skate in Sochi. All the hard work.

And then being told you're not good enough to participate while the rest of your team apperantly are. Sitting at home and watching Yulia skate and the team winning gold and crying (that's what she said) ... and then having to get it together and skate?!

Her coach must be a genius psychologist.
And HOW she got it together. She really showed what she's made of :)
Ade is made of Russian steel! :) ;)

starlight97

Final Flight
Starlight97, I'm intrigued by your comment that you don't believe there's anyone in the current ladies field who can beat a clean Adelina. What about a clean Park, or a clean Gold? :)

In my honest opinion:
Gracie Gold does have the jumps, but while her Lutz can be beautiful, her 2As are one of her weak points. She's also not on Adelina's Level considering spins. And I think her program choices this year are (again) not ideal to make her shine or to gain big components, while Adelina's completely hit the nerve.

Park could of course be a wild card! I just think she lacks "reputation" (you saw how low Lipnitskaya's components were at Skate Canada when she was still relatively unknown in the senior field? Barely 60 in the LP. This changed to almost 70 at worlds eventhough she had a fall and a wobbly landing there which usually affects components) and there must be a reason why she didn't make the GPF. Not saying she isn't a great skater. I just can't see it happening :)

I think in the current field no one can overcome her (clean self) athletically. And with her programs this year the artistical side should look good as well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
In my honest opinion:
Gracie Gold does have the jumps, but while her Lutz can be beautiful, her 2As are one of her weak points. She's also not on Adelina's Level considering spins. And I think her program choices this year are (again) not ideal to make her shine or to gain big components, while Adelina's completely hit the nerve.

Park could of course be a wild card! I just think she lacks "reputation" (you saw how low Lipnitskaya's components were at Skate Canada when she was still relatively unknown in the senior field? Barely 60 in the LP. This changed to almost 70 at worlds eventhough she had a fall and a wobbly landing there which usually affects components) and there must be a reason why she didn't make the GPF. Not saying she isn't a great skater. I just can't see it happening :)

I think in the current field no one can overcome her (clean self) athletically. And with her programs this year the artistical side should look good as well.
Gracie has game but lacks Adelina's intangibles and fire.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Can't wait for the actual skating to start. Hope she has strong performances to let her skating do the talking.