Adelina Sotnikova | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ That's a little confusing. I kind of feel like it's saying Adelina is not going to skate in this event while also saying she'll be there. Which is it?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's not skating in the event as a competitor but will show her LP on Monday during the event.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I thought she was gonna show her SP instead...since JO is a mainly a LP-event bonanza

still a good way for to get some more mileage with JSM before competitions

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought she was gonna show her SP instead...since JO is a mainly a LP-event bonanza

still a good way for to get some more mileage with JSM before competitions

Guess it was confusing cause Madison says FP in the Russian comps thread :rofl: Anyway I'll post the video of whatever she ends up skating when it's available :biggrin:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well here is what it says with bing translation

According to coach athletes Elena Buânovoj, Sotnikova only with an arbitrary program.
"Adeline decided not to skip a start in Samara, since it already in October to be international tournament in Japan, said Buyanova. -Due to back problems, we asked the leadership of the Federation of figure skating Russia allow sportsmen to make out of competition and only with an arbitrary program that Adeline will show in Japan. More starts before that tournament will not Sotnikovoj "

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Sotnikovoj, okay :biggrin:

After the test skate I guess it's not surprising that she won't skate at Samsara. I'm glad they got some other arrangement so that she still gets to skate and to show she wants to be out there. Hopefully she'll be healed until JO!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
curious to see if the ending stays:biggrin:
Its epic!:cool:

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I just compared her LP from last weekend from the one a year ago and I recognized three things:
- SS and posture are really improved, she must have worked very hard, that's obvious and so nice to see. I remember she once said that she admires Carolina, you can see where she wants to go and there is a new maturity to her.
- ladies should do more scratch spins, I really like them, just in general.
- I guess comments should be blocked for every Adelina video on youtube. Those so called "skating fans" could drive me mad, because they only see what they want to see. I really wish they have to eat their words within the near future.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I just compared her LP from last weekend from the one a year ago and I recognized three things:
- SS and posture are really improved, she must have worked very hard, that's obvious and so nice to see. I remember she once said that she admires Carolina, you can see where she wants to go and there is a new maturity to her.
- ladies should do more scratch spins, I really like them, just in general.

agree! with many skaters doing the same spins on the ice (not that they're bad), it's refreshing to just see an upright spin.

also one thing to note- she looks very well-put together! someone probably mentioned that in the other threads but her latest styling is very on-point and mature....minus the fringe-boob-thing on her SP dress. [emoji23]

now I really want to see her do Carmen again to see more of the feistiness and maturity be elevated! (kinda like Yuna's El Tango in 2012)

Last edited:

Mony

On the Ice
well here is what it says with bing translation

According to coach athletes Elena Buânovoj, Sotnikova only with an arbitrary program.
"Adeline decided not to skip a start in Samara, since it already in October to be international tournament in Japan, said Buyanova. -Due to back problems, we asked the leadership of the Federation of figure skating Russia allow sportsmen to make out of competition and only with an arbitrary program that Adeline will show in Japan. More starts before that tournament will not Sotnikovoj "

Just once she is skating is enough for me, Getting that stamina as well as use to skating in front of crowds again will be great. Hopefully her back heals soon

The Finn

Record Breaker
It seems that Adelina will skate at Mordovian Ornament. That is one of the Challenger Series competition.