Adelina Sotnikova | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

IleK

On the Ice
Good for Adelina. After COR I was thinking that if she really means it by saying she is coming back, than she will compete somewhere in Europe before nationals, and this exactly competition came to my mind. If I am not mistaken, didn't she win this some years ago?

Scott512

Record Breaker
I am hoping Ade can find her form and lift her level much higher by seasons end. She has a lot of work to do to catch up to the top girls. I am rooting for her.

Last edited:

Mony

On the Ice
Some of the top Russian girls are struggling, so she can be right there with them if she gets consistent.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am hoping Ade can find her form and lift her level much higher by seasons end. She has a lot of work to do to catch up to the top girls. I am rooting for her.

Yeah she has a lot of work to do. She has no solid combos, no 3 jump combo, and really only 3 solid triples + 3Lz (e/!) at her last 3 competitions. Her PCS advantage won't carry her over Medvedeva/Radionova, which at RC was only 1 to 2 pts in the long and she lost PCS to Radionova in the SP. They're both rock solid along with Sotskova. No matter how deep a hole Tukt gets in after the SP, she can make it up in the long with a solid skate (see SC) and everybody knows that the LP is Sots weakness. Pogo is a wildcard but she coulda peeked at Mordovian. She can take the rest (Lip, Leo, Arte, Sakh) since they have similar SP jumps and all struggle in the LP worse than Sot.

But one thing I can say about Sot is that she always brings it at Nationals (4 times champ)!!! She'll be ready :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Adelina's SP was mentioned in Morozombie top 10 performances of GPs this season: http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2015/11/stuff-i-like-grand-prix-2015-part-i.html

6) Adelina Sotnikova, Rostelecom Cup of Russia SP (Historia de un Amor)
As the less-than-optimal Technical Elements Score shows, the jumps are not quite there. But this program isn't about the jumps, it's about those dazzling step sequences in the second half, where Adelina Sotnikova sells that footwork as if she were channeling Anjelika Krylova bringing the dazzle all the way up to the 10,000th row of the arena. It's astonishing how much Ms. Sotnikova has improved on her components since Sochi--she seemed like an entirely different person on Dancing with the Stars and it's great to see that charisma, musicality and command on the ice at long last. A few years ago, I characterized Ms. Sotnikova's skating style as angular and antiseptic, but those are not the adjectives I would use to describe her skating now. Instead, Ms. Sotnikova manages to make every moment of this SP seem hot-blooded, electrifying and most of all, alive.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Adel vs. Liza! Throw in Elisabet, Chen and Leonova, that's the best field at GSoZ since Yuna, Miki and Liza went 1-2-3 in 2013.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Good Luck Ade bb!
She & Liza better go clean!
Well as clean as possible :biggrin:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Will be great to see Adelina competing again! All the best to her! :hap10:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Adelina is going to test out a new more difficult jump layout in preparations for Nationals. I wonder what the changes will be? I don't like surprises :sarcasm: Please no 3lz/3lo :hopelessness: