Adelina Sotnikova | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
it seems to me, or she has obvious problems with an excess weight?

Don´t think so, she doesn´t look different from Sochi. Maybe is just tired. Was this the second show of the day?

Even so, I would rather she used another costume, sometimes the sheer fabric make it see like she is not wearing underwear...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I have feeling it may have been a preparation for quad, counting that it was quite very "powerfull" preparation just ahead of jumping in to the air, but it didn't worked out

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Unfortunately, it was just a triple - looked at 1/4 - no doubt about it.

Just slow mo'd the video and you're right
it was a triple and 1/4...but maybe a bit more like 3/8? :laugh:

:( read the Korean comments! I like this program..

I just ignored them honestly :eek:hwell:

I have feeling it may have been a preparation for quad, counting that it was quite very "powerfull" preparation just ahead of jumping in to the air, but it didn't worked out

Well practice makes perfect? :) Adelina has the time to work on it

ManLady

On the Ice
I just ignored them honestly :eek:hwell:

i think it is particularly tasteless that yuna kim hasn't distanced herself from her fans' rancor & called them out on it. Surely she knows about it. She could have lowered the amount of hate directed at adelina. Not very queen-like.

anyways i do like this program. wonder what was up with the jumps.

Macassar88

Medalist
i think it is particularly tasteless that yuna kim hasn't distanced herself from her fans' rancor & called them out on it. Surely she knows about it. She could have lowered the amount of hate directed at adelina. Not very queen-like.

anyways i do like this program. wonder what was up with the jumps.

I disagree - didn't she already say something post Sochi? She doesn't need to keep doing this. She probably doesn't even know.

But back to Adelina - nomination for the best cover up on her 2A fall lol.

And is this gonna be her short program for the season?

Alba

Record Breaker
i think it is particularly tasteless that yuna kim hasn't distanced herself from her fans' rancor & called them out on it.

I agree with that, but probably that is a dangerous territory to go into. You can't reason with fanatics.

Alain

Match Penalty
I agree with that, but probably that is a dangerous territory to go into. You can't reason with fanatics.
She is an Olympic champion. She is supposed to set an example. At leaste she could try.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
She is an Olympic champion. She is supposed to set an example. At leaste she could try.
As someone said above, fan wars in figure skating are always there, and some of Yuna´s fan are "invested" and "passionate" to said the least, Yuna have no control over them, probably she doesn´t even know what´s happening.

Every sportmen/ women have to deal with criticism, Yuna will only made the it bigger by acknowledging and "defend" Adelina.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
As someone said above, fan wars in figure skating are always there, and some of Yuna´s fan are "invested" and "passionate" to said the least, Yuna have no control over them, probably she doesn´t even know what´s happening.

Every sportmen/ women have to deal with criticism, Yuna will only made the it bigger by acknowledging and "defend" Adelina.
Yeah, and actually as I remember now, she already did do her best to calm those fans

Right after LP, she was interviewed and give her compliments to Adelina. She said that Adelina had talent, hard working and also good luck combined together so she won. At the gala she send a very clear message by skating to "Imagine", not mention she said "happy with herself and not care too much about the result" by countless times. But well, it still useless with a strong hateful to Adelina. What more do you want?

Imagine

Medalist
While I do think the behavior of these so called Yuna "fans" is truly disgusting, I don't think Kim is obligated to say or do anything. It'd be nice, but she's probably in a difficult position herself. On one hand she must be embarrassed by the deplorable actions of the fanatics...on the other hand she can't really do much without some backlash. Who knows what kind of absurd actions these crazies might take if she angers them? By not outright questioning the (arguably) absurd Sochi scores, she already demonstrates her class...and it's best that she continues to distance herself from the crazies in that fashion.

Roman09

Final Flight
Anyway, Adelina isn't a star number one in Russia, her popularity considerably concedes to Lipnitskaya's popularity. And personally it seems to me, this fact has to depress her even more, than all attacks of Koreans

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Anyway, Adelina isn't a star number one in Russia, her popularity considerably concedes to Lipnitskaya's popularity. And personally it seems to me, this fact has to depress her even more, than all attacks of Koreans

Someone said on the Yuzuru´s thread that in country fan wars are worst than anything a skater could face in the international competition.

Antilopa

On the Ice
she's my Russian number one :clap:

Alba

Record Breaker

Not really no. I mean teach to the fanatics on the internet how to behave? That's a lost cause. :slink::biggrin:

Alain

Match Penalty
This opinion of Yulia's fans is quite understandable. Didn't Russia have some difficulties for decades in Ladies when they couldn't top or even medal? They won some OGM in Pairs, Dancing and Men but Ladies was still unreachable. Obviously Adelina brought the medal that they had been waiting for so long.

Alain

Match Penalty
While I do think the behavior of these so called Yuna "fans" is truly disgusting, I don't think Kim is obligated to say or do anything. It'd be nice, but she's probably in a difficult position herself. On one hand she must be embarrassed by the deplorable actions of the fanatics...on the other hand she can't really do much without some backlash. Who knows what kind of absurd actions these crazies might take if she angers them?
These crazies as you call them are also consumers of the products Yuna advertizes. Contract obligations can be quite costy. She might see some financial troubles or even lawsuits if her whatever speech will reduce sales. I understand her concern of income. Still. Death threats and cyber-bullying are felonies. As far as I know Yuna was never asked directly what she thinks of those her fans. I wonder what she would answer. If some journalist is reading this, feel free to borrow my idea. :)