Evgeni Plushenko | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

whitebamboo

On the Ice
With all of the preparations he has done to compete at the Olympics, assuming he is healthy and does compete well, does anyone know if he has plans to tour after the Games? What about Europeans and Worlds...? Are they are on his agenda?

If things work out (knock on wood), I believe he's mentioned this season's Europeans, as one stage on his road to Sochi. I don't think he will go to Worlds: he's said many times that he would like Sochi to be his last competition.

In Part 3 of the BrESP interview posted above, he in fact said that he would like to plan a tour after the Olympics, mentioning Russia, Asian countries including China, Japan and Korea, and possibly even America. But of course right now, the main focus is on the competitions of this season.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thank you very much for the links to the videos!

In part 3, I really liked the moment when they showed him talking to the young skater.

For some reason, I also really enjoyed the fact that they called him "the enigmatic Evgeni Plushenko" in the opening to this part, even though personally I don't think he's really enigmatic in particular...:)

He called him enigmatic in 2012ECH commentary. But you know, the Eurosport video was prohibited. :confused: That was a great commentary!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko News_Eng @PlushenkoNews 7h
World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov: Plushenko will tear himself!http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=268&p=80519#p80519

- Is it true, that if is not solve the issue with our only male singles skater, then you will give up of the team tournament - without medal prospects, it will not have meaning for you?
- Maxim: How's not solved the issue? It's already solved. We will have Evgeni Plushenko.
- But Plushenko this season still nobody saw. Why you think that this the issue is solved?
- I know Zhenya Plushenko. For this, I do not need to see him once again. He will tear himself in half, but in Sochi he will perform good!

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, happy birthday - many happy returns & success in all your endevours - especially this season. Good luck in Volvo Cup! :)

And I thought this was quite cute too:

Johnny Weir-Voronov‏@JohnnyGWeir5h
Happy Birthday to the great @EvgeniPlushenko! Wishing you many happy years to come, with strength and love!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh Plushy is in Riga already? I m scared and excited at the same time!

I know - me too!

By the way, did I get it right that the men's short starts at 22.30 and goes on to... 1.00 am? That just seems... And if that is so, is that CET? I can never get these things straight...

ciocio

On the Ice
I know - me too!

By the way, did I get it right that the men's short starts at 22.30 and goes on to... 1.00 am? That just seems... And if that is so, is that CET? I can never get these things straight...

20.20 – 21.30 SENIOR MEN Short Program (Warmup 1 & 2)
21.45 – 23.00 SENIOR MEN Short Program (Warmup 3 & 4)

It's not CET, it's the local time (CET+1).

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, ciocio! :) That timing makes more sense, although it's still running pretty late...

LRK

Record Breaker
I do hope there will be videos, as I missed it... Did anyone see it?