Evgeni Plushenko | Page 114 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

LRK

Record Breaker
Perfect timing! The men's practice just ended and I have time to kill before the competition starts. :yay:

A cute photo of Plushy and Konstantin Menshov - not sure how old they are here, but despite the height difference, they are practically the same age (I know Plushy will be 32 in a couple days :eek:). I really admire Kostya for not only continuing to skate, but improving with age. I read somewhere that his coach said 99% of skaters would have given up by now - especially since his results have never been near Plushy's. But if he can do it, then there's no doubt in my mind that Plushy can succeed if/when he comes back.

I adore that photo! And their different characters are so evident in it too - Plushy ram-rod straight staring challengingly into the camera - and relaxed and quite goofy (in a good way!) Konstantin. Love that photo! :)

LRK

Record Breaker
I was really, really impressed by Menshov at Skate Canada. When the commentator said, "One of the Russian skaters will attempt two quads in the SP," I thought, wait, Kovtun isn't here. Then I realized the only Russian around was Menshov, and assumed the commentator misspoke. Then he went out there and nailed the two quads, and I just went :jaw: :points: Young'uns who stumbled and slipped in SkAm last week, take notes.

Whatever happens in the LP, Menshov might've thrown down an unbeatable record: Oldest guy to land two quads in the SP. Is anyone, ever, going to repeat that feat? (Lol, maybe if Plushy comes back and tries 4T-4T? :laugh:)

What are you trying to do?! Don't you see Plushy would see that as a challenge. "All" he needs to do is wait a few years - come back and land two quads and then he'll be the oldest! Let's hope Plushy doesn't read this thread - or someone with conncections to Plushy! (looks around suspiciously)

I think we can trust plushyfan not to go blurting out to him next time she sees him - "Oh, you know, Menshov is now the oldest to have landed two quads in the SP!" Right, plushyfan? :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think we can trust plushyfan not to go blurting out to him next time she sees him - "Oh, you know, Menshov is now the oldest to have landed two quads in the SP!" Right, plushyfan? :)

:) I would never say him. Never. I will say if we meet, dear Plushy you proved it all and more... You skate for yourself and for your fans jn shows, teach kids you can do it very well, and the kids love you. Of course. ;)

This is the whole film. 52 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw_Ua5D_wdI Plushy is very funny! In the last part when he teaches the children!!!!!!!!!! Simply adorable. :yay:

And he looks so young. :yes:

Plushy and Yana yesterday dancing at Stas Mikhailov's concert http://instagram.com/p/u1XBeyEncP/

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Even though I don't understand Japanese, I really loved the program. Plushy is game for anything - I love that about him. :biggrin: Spoiler alert...the Plushy impersonator was very unexpected! I couldn't stop laughing at that part. And the way the kids followed him at the rink, like the Pied Piper! So cute!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Even though I don't understand Japanese, I really loved the program. Plushy is game for anything - I love that about him. :biggrin: Spoiler alert...the Plushy impersonator was very unexpected! I couldn't stop laughing at that part. And the way the kids followed him at the rink, like the Pied Piper! So cute!
Japanese tv show is very amusing on every level. :rofl: I wonder if Plushy understood half of the program he was in. It's part of Japanese culture, I can't comprehend their way, though.

adelia

Record Breaker
I love Japanese shows, I used to watch this show regularly until my cable operator stopped broadcasting it. And they don't just invite any foreign athletes onto this show, only the top athletes in their respective sports. So for Plushy to appear twice within the span of half a year shows how popular/highly regarded he is.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Here's a longer video. Clearly Sasha did not want to leave the runway. :rofl: He's a born performer, loves the spotlight, just like his father. And they have matching outfits!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Sasha is adorable, but...

I spent the majority of the video trying to get a closer look at Plushy's shirt, and wondering whether it really has a face on it... And, of course, wondering what bizarre fashion trend has taken hold of the Russian men, because Menshov's SP shirt also had a face on it. Near the end of the video, I finally realized Plushy is wearing that shirt--the one with his own face and skates on it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sasha is adorable, but...
I spent the majority of the video trying to get a closer look at Plushy's shirt, and wondering whether it really has a face on it... And, of course, wondering what bizarre fashion trend has taken hold of the Russian men, because Menshov's SP shirt also had a face on it. Near the end of the video, I finally realized Plushy is wearing that shirt--the one with his own face and skates on it.
new trend in Russia maybe?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
There are rare geniuses who accomplish so much while so young; there are tireless workers who keep achieve success long after people have written them off. And then there is this man, who is both: the kid who dared to challenge the best in the world, and the veteran who stayed in and continued to deliver.

Happy birthday, King on Ice! Thank you for giving us everything from gangsters to ballet dancers, dying swans to crazy birds.